Show us your Fur Buddy!

Reaction score
They are a lot of work and responsibility. Well, work to me isn't exactly the correct word. Work is something i have to do to make a living, or is tiresome at times. But taking care of a dog, a puppy, is to me, just pure love. Yes, just like children, some are easier then others. But in the end, they become part of the family, or they should. But, they do TIE YOU DOWN. That is for sure. So that is something to think about as well as both of you working. That's tough.

We adopted Skye 3 years or so ago, my daughters were 9 and 13. The first thing my 9 year old did, was go to her room and get her BF stuffed dog, and gave it to Skye, so she wouldn't be lonely and miss her sister (she had a sister that was up for adoption as well) as much. She still plays with it. And both of them have taken up their responsibilities of helping to take care of her.

To me, that is a very easy trade off for constant companionship and unconditional love. And I KNOW my dog wouldn't let ANYTHING happen to my girls.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
God made Puppies cute so we don't kill them :)

Our daughter was a bit on the fence on getting a dog for our then 6 year old grandson, now 8 years old and it was the best thing she did. We need to remember, for those of us who grew up with a childhood dog these are memories we never forget.

A little off subject, since we don't host Christmas anymore we thought of not putting up Christmas decorations. Reminding my wife how we have great memories of our grandparents going to their house and celebrating Christmas, the smells, I remember many decorations, anyway these memories are important, IMO, so we make sure we decorate every year for our grandkids...I believe it is the same with childhood pets...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is Tigger.

My wife and I both grew up with dogs but our lifestyle here is not conducive to having a dog. Tigger is a Humane Society purchase. He eats, sleeps and poops but is still good company.
Great Picture...DSLR Cam?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The people that truly love dogs are the ones that pay actual attention to them and how they act and interact. Some of my favorite quotes about dogs:

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
—C.J. Frick
"Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen."
—Orhan Pamuk
"If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.”
—Phil Pastoret
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
— Roger Caras
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
—Will Rogers

If you're a true dog lover, this YT Sort below doesn't tell you something that you didn't already know. :love: