Showing a particular camera fullscreen on a specific tablet

djh_wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Been searching for a while on how to do this, and it's probably the last missing piece from my home automation system.

Just looking for the best way to be able to invoke a chosen camera fullsceen on a tablet. This would be to react to an event, eg motion detected on porch? Motion detector in front room shows there's someone in it? Show the porch cam on the tablet in the front room. Motion in kitchen too? Someone must be in there, so show porch cam on the kitchen tablet too.

I'm familiar with sharp tools and tasker. I really don't like using ipcam because that's one more app to have to configure. I'm an idea world, I'd just like to use blue iris android viewer to achieve this, but I'm struggling to see how. The we page approach just seems clunky.

Is there another way around this? If it means going the pc route then so be it, but android tablets seem to be the most cost effective path.

Thanks!

Netwalker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1: Create a camera group in BI with the cameras you want to display on the tablet.
2: Select the group in the main (BI Server) window dropbox and click the gear icon "Group settings"
3: Check "Favor cameras/groups which are triggered/sensing motion"
4: Check "Only Cycle when at least one camera is triggered"
5: Select the group and turn on auto cycle.
6: Go to the tablet app and select the group to view it.

It should now full screen whichever camera in the group is detecting motion.

The down side is I think you can only do this currently with one group at a time since it's kind of a server function that gets passed to the app screen.

Last edited: