Signal Drop

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you don’t have another power source you can just unplug everything and leave that single camera connected. If it acts the same way move it to another port on the switch.

Didn't get a chance to try this yet. Hopefully one night this week the garage will be empty and I can get up in the attic to test....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i'd surmise it could be the garage switch or it's power source. if it's nearing it's thruput capacity with current devices, that could do it. Is it a Gigabit poe switch on all ports?

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it is checked, then monochrome video (like dark at night) will make BI think it has lost its signal. Uncheck it.
Checking all my other cameras and my other system it seems as if this is a default setting and I have never gotten an error from it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to try this yet. Hopefully one night this week the garage will be empty and I can get up in the attic to test....
Finally had the opportunity to test this. Made no difference. THe camera still dropped momentarily. I've changed the setting to record an error if 5 seconds or longer.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'd surmise it could be the garage switch or it's power source. if it's nearing it's thruput capacity with current devices, that could do it. Is it a Gigabit poe switch on all ports?
Netgear PoE+ 8 port Gigabit.

I wouldn't rule out the switch. It gets awful warm in the attic. I've gone through more than a few. I liked the Zyxel but it failed, (I think).

Suggestions for 8 port minimum. PoE+ switch that will take the heat????

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm really beginning to question the cable. Although it is Cat6, my other 4 cams on the same switch are on some 10+ year old Cat5. Although they may drop out occasionally (if I look at the log, (it seems as if they all do at times)) they just keep on plugging along. I may pull another line and see if it makes any difference. That may not be right away...

Thanks for all the input. I'll report back once I have anything new.