Signal Loss ( error: 8000271d_socket error 10013 )

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
So one day last week, all my cameras suddenly lost signal within BI and they're still that way now. Sometimes one or two will sporadically come back on but mostly, they all stay in signal lost mode. I have 3 POE cameras and 2 wireless running in/through my provided AT&T router and have not tried any manual firmware updates. Also, I cannot log into any of the cameras in the browser. I'm running Windows 10 with automatic updates on and record my footage on to local external hard drives attached to the computer BI runs on. I've tried everything short of deleting and creating the cameras again and if it matters, I'm running stunnel.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If when this happens you can't even logon direct to the cams then I'd explore the cabling/cams themselves, not a lot BI can do if the cams are really offline.

I did have a similar issue a few months back but in my case I could connect direct to the cams and even see the live stream. An update to BI looks like it's fixed the issue as I've not seen it since.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Socket errors could be firewall issues, as you stated about automatic updates, check your windows update log and see if it corresponds to the socket error.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If when this happens you can't even logon direct to the cams then I'd explore the cabling/cams themselves, not a lot BI can do if the cams are really offline.

I did have a similar issue a few months back but in my case I could connect direct to the cams and even see the live stream. An update to BI looks like it's fixed the issue as I've not seen it since.
I thought about mice chewing through cables in the crawl space but the wireless cams are offline too and those are in the house where I can see the power cable connected to them. They both have power. I'll check the windows update.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright soooo, not sure why but the solution to this problem is that the cameras only come back online when my Nord VPN is connected. How can that be? As soon as I disconnect Nord, the cameras go offline within 15 seconds. I'm ok with this for privacy but if connected to Nord, I can't see my cameras remotely from the BI app. Am I in the twilight zone or has this happened before?

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly how are the cameras set up and what is the IP configuration of your network? Provide a network diagram if you can.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's actually more than a camera issue because when I disconnect the VPN, I can't even get into my router to view or change settings and as soon as I turn it back on, I can get in. I think I tried a hard reset of my At&t router-modem a couple of weeks ago but I guess it didn't fix the problem.

**Update for future searches. It ended up being a Nord issue where somehow the "Invisibility on LAN" was turned on and since I never fully shut down the app, I guess it was still running in the background regardless of whether or not I was connected to a server or not.

Last edited: