signal loss

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it seems and I may be mistaken but as of the most recent firmware update whether to the cameras or the NVR several times a week i get an alert that the signal to every single one of my 5 cameras has been lost. this is a temporary outage and then they come back but has anyone experienced this?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it seems and I may be mistaken but as of the most recent firmware update whether to the cameras or the NVR several times a week i get an alert that the signal to every single one of my 5 cameras has been lost. this is a temporary outage and then they come back but has anyone experienced this?
Power issue?

gunnerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
This happened to me last week... a mouse got caught in a sticky trap in my server closet (damn exterminator put them everywhere and left me to find them on my own) and it managed to partially chew through a CAT6 cable. Caused a lot of intermittent issues and head scratching until i found the little bugger.

Moral of the story, check your cables?

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This happened to me last week... a mouse got caught in a sticky trap in my server closet (damn exterminator put them everywhere and left me to find them on my own) and it managed to partially chew through a CAT6 cable. Caused a lot of intermittent issues and head scratching until i found the little bugger.

Moral of the story, check your cables?
Cables are just fine and like I said it seems to have started shortly after the firmware maybe a coincidence but ...

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe when you do a firmware update your settings go to default. You might check to see if the NVR (I have a Dahua so your mileage may vary) has a "auto maintain" setting. Not sure what it's called on HIKs. The default is to auto reboot every so often. Could be the issue....??

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe when you do a firmware update your settings go to default. You might check to see if the NVR (I have a Dahua so your mileage may vary) has a "auto maintain" setting. Not sure what it's called on HIKs. The default is to auto reboot every so often. Could be the issue....??
dont know if this option is available on the hikvision its rather odd that it happens without any particular pattern. i'd imagine if it was that then it would be more consistent. previously the issue i used to have is the NVR would lose its UPNP on the router and after refreshing the NVR it would fix itself maybe this is the same thing which corrects itself without my input. guess i'll have to monitor. HIK support said they have not heard of this.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We've been seeing this the last 9 months or so with various Hik cams and various firmware versions so I don't think its related to the latest firmware release.

So far we're thinking its PoE related within the cams after ruling out the NVR and switch.

Can't say for sure but they always come back online themselves, some take 60 seconds, some stay offline for up to 7 minutes.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We've been seeing this the last 9 months or so with various Hik cams and various firmware versions so I don't think its related to the latest firmware release.

So far we're thinking its PoE related within the cams after ruling out the NVR and switch.

Can't say for sure but they always come back online themselves, some take 60 seconds, some stay offline for up to 7 minutes.
Is this something that is warrantyable? Or is it a non issue?