Silica bags inside cover to Dahua N222AL12 - should I leave?

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m guessing these are bags of silica to help ward off condensation inside the lense of this camera,but wanted to double chech here.. I noticed when I opened to adjust the lens to put on my front door side wall and needed to rotate the lens to test (8-ft 2x4, right @looney2ns!). They make it a little difficult to get the cover back on after rotating and turning the lens. 49B81582-FFEA-4AD0-8CE4-BD4827628D85.jpeg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remember to dry them a bit if you can using something like a hair dryer on them before re-inserting.
( especially do this if the humidity levels are high when you opened up the camera )

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Remember to dry them a bit if you can using something like a hair dryer on them before re-inserting.
( especially do this if the humidity levels are high when you opened up the camera )
Is this bc any moisture they picked up would evaporate from the heat of the camera in the bubble?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this bc any moisture they picked up would evaporate from the heat of the camera in the bubble?
Yes. Ideally you want those fairly dry when they go in the camera so they can hold more moisture once the camera is setup. This will hopefully keep the lens from fogging up as well as keep the humidity levels low so the circuit board does not try.