Simple baby camera without mandatory subscriptions, cloud-use or terrible apps.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unfortunately both are listings from the US and we're living in The Netherlands; shipping costs (even if the seller is willing to send them here) and import taxes will make them quite pricey.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well we've finally found another IP2M-841W. Apparently new in box with a 32GB card included on Ebay. Should be delivered in a few days time.
But since it's from the UK; it's got the UK power plug, this won't work in the Netherlands so I'm looking for an easy solution.
One solution is to use a UK-EU adapter; will be about €9 shipped.
Another solution is to find a EU 5V 2A power supply with a long (~3 meter) cable and a 3.5 x 1.35mm. pin; this would be around €15-20.

Another is to use a phone USB-charger and solder a USB-cable to the 3.5 x 1.35mm. pin that's on the provided Amcrest power supply.
(In other words; cut the pin of the Amcrest power supply, cut one end of a (long) USB cable and solder the Amcrest pin to the USB-cable)
As long the USB-charger provides 2A; this shouldn't be a problem right?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another is to use a phone USB-charger and solder a USB-cable to the 3.5 x 1.35mm. pin that's on the provided Amcrest power supply.
(In other words; cut the pin of the Amcrest power supply, cut one end of a (long) USB cable and solder the Amcrest pin to the USB-cable)
As long the USB-charger provides 2A; this shouldn't be a problem right?
No, as long as:
  • You get the polarity correct (the Amcrest IP2M-841's 5VDC male plug has inside center pin positive (+) and outside collar negative (-).
  • For overall safety, you use a quality, rated adapter (like UL-approved in U.S., not sure what EU electrical testing rating is); I've heard of too many poor quality adapters overheating BADLY.

yuriy g

n3wb
Reaction score
cant find Amcrest IP2M841 in Europe under 50 Euros now the price is 99 EUR. Could anyone recommend any alternative to IP2M841 for this price? for example Hikvision Cube (ds-2cd2455fwd) 119 EUR ?
Reolink E1-or C2 Pro?

Last edited:

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cant find Amcrest IP2M841 in Europe under 50 Euros now the price is 99 EUR. Could anyone recommend any alternative to IP2M841 for this price? for example Hikvision Cube (ds-2cd2455fwd) 119 EUR ?
Reolink E1-or C2 Pro?
Amcrest site ship worldwide
also, shipto.com style services should work as well

Hetticles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Based on this thread I bought a IP3M-941B for a baby camera. Meets expectations, with one small issue.

Like many I run dual networks, one for dodgy devices like cameras (no internet access), the other everything else.
The only issue I have is that it won't connect to Wifi if it is on an non-internet+static IP. I could see in Unifi that the WiFi client was connected, but it was never pingable.

Connecting it to the "real device" network (so internet + DHCP), works fine. Not sure if it was static assignment or the no internet, but it does not like to be isolated :/.

Going to play with it some more and see if I can isolate the issue. Anyone else experience this?