Single camera overhead view for small business

Beef_Ramen

n3wb
Reaction score
I fell victim to the very cheap and convenient All in One Reolink kit, im still within the return period so I'll be sending it back next week.

We are wanting to install 1 overhead view camera in a very small business, the goal of this camera is to watch directly over the cash register and front counter, we deal with lots of paper money so this is our main and currently our only concern. I've spent a few days here and have read some really insightful information. I however want to operate within our current needs but with an opinion to slightly expand (4 cameras realistically, 8 as the total maximum) ; my problem is I don't want to end up getting an overkill setup and never utilize its full potential. This camera will be within direct lighting 24/7 so night vision or low light are not a factor in this setup. If my understanding is correct a 4K camera will be beneficial to me given the constant stable lighting.

Space here is very, very limited so we will likely be purchasing an NVR rather than a PC with BI, this will probably get some laughs or criticism but space is so limited the NVR is going to be stored in the low drop ceiling. I'm thinking given the lack of space, heavier weight, and less than desirable airflow and accessibility a pc is out of the question.

Any single camera + NVR setup would be very much appreciated. Our low drops are approximately 14ft tall from tile to floor, our front counter is rather short at about 4 feet tall, so roughly 10 feet from ceiling tile to register give or take a foot. Our current internet package is 50mbps with only 1 device connected via wifi, however if we need to upgrade speed for more bandwidth it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I fell victim to the very cheap and convenient All in One Reolink kit, im still within the return period so I'll be sending it back next week.

We are wanting to install 1 overhead view camera in a very small business, the goal of this camera is to watch directly over the cash register and front counter, we deal with lots of paper money so this is our main and currently our only concern. I've spent a few days here and have read some really insightful information. I however want to operate within our current needs but with an opinion to slightly expand (4 cameras realistically, 8 as the total maximum) ; my problem is I don't want to end up getting an overkill setup and never utilize its full potential. This camera will be within direct lighting 24/7 so night vision or low light are not a factor in this setup. If my understanding is correct a 4K camera will be beneficial to me given the constant stable lighting.

Space here is very, very limited so we will likely be purchasing an NVR rather than a PC with BI, this will probably get some laughs or criticism but space is so limited the NVR is going to be stored in the low drop ceiling. I'm thinking given the lack of space, heavier weight, and less than desirable airflow and accessibility a pc is out of the question.

Any single camera + NVR setup would be very much appreciated. Our low drops are approximately 14ft tall from tile to floor, our front counter is rather short at about 4 feet tall, so roughly 10 feet from ceiling tile to register give or take a foot. Our current internet package is 50mbps with only 1 device connected via wifi, however if we need to upgrade speed for more bandwidth it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks!
Welcome @Beef_Ramen

Do you want to watch the cash, or the people ?

Beef_Ramen

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @Beef_Ramen

Do you want to watch the cash, or the people ?
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm looking to monitor both the cash register and the employees operating the cash register. I understand the employees faces will not be captured at this angle but I will still be able to identify them as the Reolink has proven.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IPC-HUM8441-E1-L1/L4

This is made to be a ceiling cam, I think. There's a model with two lens units, I believe. Decent camera, standard Dahua interface. No illumination built in.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score