Site other than WeatherUnderground?

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to tie this app into a site other than weatherunderground? Something like visualcrossing (or any other site) via an API? WU will not give out free APIs without a personal weather station, which I don't have.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
It only supports WU right now, but you don't need an API key for BIT's weather functionality to work.

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It only supports WU right now, but you don't need an API key for BIT's weather functionality to work.
Thanks Mike

When I installed it, it said I had to put either a location in (the only way to get a location was to install the API) or put "none". When I put none and tried to update it said "skipping weather" (or something to that effect - I'm not in front of the screen at the moment). I'll go back and re-read the instructions. Thanks again.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike

When I installed it, it said I had to put either a location in (the only way to get a location was to install the API) or put "none". When I put none and tried to update it said "skipping weather" (or something to that effect - I'm not in front of the screen at the moment). I'll go back and re-read the instructions. Thanks again.
Put in the Station ID that you want to use and keep the API key blank.

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put in the Station ID that you want to use and keep the API key blank.
Thank you! I assumed the station ID had to be a pull down slection and not freeform typing. I'll give it a shot