Skipping live view and playback

belth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I've recently made the jump from synology to blue iris but i have a problem with live view and playback "skipping or lagging" short freezes every 1 sec. i've found a few posts on here with similar problems but without finding a
solution for me.
Its only on the main stream i have the problem and only while substream is "continuous" recording, if i stop continuous recoarding my main stream looks fine.

For my inital setup i used TheHookUps most recent youtube guide.
I have also followed this guide to see if it could fix it: Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

Hardware;
HP Elitedesk mini intel i5 9500
8GP of ram
500GP m.2 nvme SSD
2 x hikvision DS-2CD2145FWD-I (only two cameras connected for now)
CPU is never above 10% and ram is below 50%

I have taken a few screenshots of my settings:
main.jpgsub.jpgcam1.jpgstatus.jpg

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are substreams enabled in BI? Post the BI Camera status page that shows MP, FPS, KEY, bitrate, etc.

Are your cameras passing through the router or are they completely isolated from the router by either VLANs or dual NIC in the BI computer?

belth

n3wb
Reaction score
I have updated my post with status screenshot.
If substreams enabled = record dual-streams if available, then yes
The two cameras and the Bi machine are connected to the same POE switch
Thanks for taking the time to help

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think this is the issue, but just in case...... are you accessing/viewing streams on the BI machine over an RDP connection? If so, the system defaults to a non-constant stream to save bandwidth. You can view the material another way (directly on the BI machine, or using the UI3 interface, etc) and not have this problem, or change the default setting for the RDP stream.

belth

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think this is the issue, but just in case...... are you accessing/viewing streams on the BI machine over an RDP connection? If so, the system defaults to a non-constant stream to save bandwidth. You can view the material another way (directly on the BI machine, or using the UI3 interface, etc) and not have this problem, or change the default setting for the RDP stream.
I use RDP to change settings but UI3 to test the results.

Uncheck limited decoded unless required.
i've tried both with and without, it has no visible effect.