Slightly frustrated with CamHiPro...

Flwolf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I have 2 IP cameras and they're working fine with CamHiPro on my Tables and on my Cell phone (and I do know my Password!), but for the life of me I cannot get them to show on my Windows PC. Each time I put my (correct) Password in, it responds with "Password wrong". The bad thing is that in order to change the password, I have to be signed in. My Pacemaker will malfunction if I cannot fix this problem! :eek:

Reaction score
Welcome to IPCAMTALK!

I have never heard of CamHiPro.

I did a search here and there does not seem to be much talk about that app. But below is a link to those threads. Maybe you can glean some info from them or PM those that took part in those threads for help.

Search results for query: camhipro | IP Cam Talk

But I do see that CamHiPro has support. Have you tried talking to them?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code with the CamHiPro app, you may be in p2p (cloud) mode which got it to work with the app but may have altered the password from what you initially put in, so it's not what it expects when using the PC.

juburg

n3wb
Reaction score
I set these up all the time just factory reset and you will be good. Nothing is erased on sd card and just delete camera from app. Factory reset camera and add back to camhipro with new log on admin user and create new password

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Flwolf , the way to get the control/re-select a password is by re-setting the camera to default by holding up to 10 secondes the button that is on the cable near the power-in of the camera or in the small opening protected by screw where you can install the MicroSD card for recording. There is a button that you need to press while there is power to the camera , holding the button without power will not reset the camera to the default value. It will make a dinstinctive sound when the camera will reset to the default parameter( if your camera model has speaker ) and the default user is : admin and password is : admin . The easyest way to setup this type of camera is with your Smartphone , first when the camera is power-up it should create a AP ( access point wifi ) so you go to your Smartphone Setting Wifi and search for IPCAM-XXXXXX your phone will ask for the password ( 01234567 ) , it is not uncommon that even if you did put the correct password that it ( does not connect ) and say ( incorrect password ) the reason might be of interference with other wifi in or around your house. If it fail ( re-press the reset button for 10 secondes with the power to the camera ) than wait about 30 secondes for the camera to reboot/re-create the AP and try again up to 3-4 Time.
Once a succesfull connection to your Smartphone you should see a check infront of the IPCAM-XXXXXX and if you select ( the i ) that on the right if will show the IP of the Camera witch is ( 192.168.1.88 ) near the ( Router ) as the camera act like a Router Access Point and your smartphone got the 192.168.1.100 as the ( configure IP ) then your Smartphone is connected to the Camera ready to be configure to be connected to your Home Wifi . It is normal that your Smartphone might say ( no Internet connection ) this is normal as the phone detect that there is no ( Internet ) because you are connecte directly via Wifi to the camera and there might be a ( Pop-up )depending of the version of IOS or Android saying ( do you want to keep trying Wifi or connect differently ) you need to select ( keep using Wifi ). Than go to you phone Browser ( Safari, Firefox or Other ) and put in the URL : ( ) enter and you should connect to the Camera Web page. Or if you prefer go to Download the APP.first before all this Wifi selection and Download CamHI or CamHi Pro in the AppStore for IPHONE or PlayStore for Android type of phone.You can used both even at the same Time as those App. are free and work as good, they are just different presentation. If you already had the App.on your phone you should be aware that the phone will often disconnect by itself of the camera and connect to your Home Wifi because it always look for the strongest Wifi so you just have to return to your phone Setup Wifi and ( re-select IPCAM-XXXXXX ) than open the APP. CamHi Pro and click the + on top Right , than ( IP Camera ) , than ( new Device ) and the Camera UID ( Universal IDentifier ) should appear witch is the private Serial Number ( XXXX-XXXXXX-ABCDE ) and you select ( yes, i want to add this device ) and the page will change with the default Camera INFo ie: The UID of the Camera and the default username : admin , password : admin than Select ( Add to ) on the bottom of the page. It will say connecting using these default credential and show you your ( usual Home Wifi ) and you need to input your ( Home Wifi Password ) very important if you put the wrong Home Wifi password you will have to Reset the Camera again to the default again because once you put the ( Home Wifi password ) the Camera will quit ( Making the Camera AP Wifi ) and your phone will re-connect to your Home Wifi so if the Wifi password was wrong ( it will not re-appear in the Wifi setting ).
So it has to be successfull and connect within the App. otherwise you have to reset the Camera to the default with the Reset Button while the power is on and wait about 30 secondes again ) to try again to re select the ( IPCAM-XXXXXX ) in the Wifi Setting section of your Smartphone. These instruction may seam complicated but once you ( do-it ) succesfully you will find-it very logical and easy ( better than many others ). Good luck

Reaction score
Thnx , Will this method work for me. My camera is not making https port only making TCP ports. Read this post created by me for understanding my problem.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Thnx , Will this method work for me. My camera is not making https port only making TCP ports. Read this post created by me for understanding my problem.
Hi Sachin , unfortunately the explanation ( are only for CamHI and CamHI Pro ) will not work for your Model of camera ( because your Cam used ( CareCam App. ) . Because even if many camera have the same hardware ( Sony video sensor for example ) they have different Firmware that are tweeked ( modify by the vendor ) so the camera work only with their App. more over in many camera they remove or have no Web Building server to used a Pc Computer Browser because there not enough memory in the camera to hold all the code in Firmware.