Slim, IP, Indoor Mini Bullet?

captjwh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, tried searching on this topic an i'm not getting good results.

looking for a 1 or 2 inch diameter camera that can make out a face at about 30 feet. this will be in well-lit hallway.

Needs to be IP, prefer PoE, but can do AC power if i had to.

Budget < $200

ideas? thanks for your help!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The difficulty in locating may be due to the combination of requirements, as it seems most tiny (slim, mini, etc.) are not IP and/or not POE, and are wide angle.
I don't have a chart handy (maybe you can locate) but it seems you'll need about a 4mm lens to ID someone at 30 feet, the more common 2.8mm would not be able to ID until probably about 15 feet.

Why not consider this GoSwift 4K Ultra HD Weatherproof Bullet Security IP Camera | 8MP 3840x2160 | 100' Night Vision | 3.6mm Wide Angle Lens | POE | Onvif

It's about 72mm / 2.8 in. in diameter, is POE, is 3.6mm (better than 2.8 for your purpose) and 4K (since your hallway is well lit, low light performance would not be an issue).
For $100, it's available in black or white. Any questions you can ask forum member @Sean Nelson of Nelly's Security.

captjwh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Tony, thought i replied and thanked you for the post, but i didn't! thanks! This camera is 'smallish', but i need smaller. i guess i could do CC with an encoder, but the price goes up. 1"-1.5" diameter would really be best. i'm going to keep looking and i'll post something here if i'm lucky enough to find something.

thanks.