Slow framerate on just one camera...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha. I am glad you found the problem.

I would not worry about reinstalling, but I would also do a malwarebytes scan as it would likely pick up any remnants.

I have to deal with far too much malware on some people's PCs on a regular basis to even consider reinstalling every time I found some.

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I can't say I found the cause for sure... but at least it seems for now to be fixed.

I have done the Malwarebytes scan, and that got rid of most of the problem. However, I still had to reset both Internet Explorer and Firefox, then reboot before the Cyti Web was (from all appearances) finally banished. If it comes back, I'll have to scour through the registry and a few other places. If that doesn't work, I'll get to go through the 2-day process of a clean re-install of Windows 8.1.

I'm really surprised that Mozilla hasn't hammered the folks that offer downloads of Firefox, but add oodles of malware to the package.

Oh, and I never even finished installing that infected copy of Firefox. I realized early-on in the installation process that it likely was infected, and halted the installation. Then went into the Control Panel and uninstalled anything that had been installed that day. Still, it got in and made life miserable.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL yeah, I've even seen malware install some kind of protected chrome extension that you could not delete without hacking it away manually.

Have to check browser plugins, reset the new tab and home pages and search providers, all this after you have run a scan.

I wonder how many of those browser hijacking malware programs actually try to do anything more malicious than force you to view their ads and use their search engine...