Slow playback on mobile

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I attempted to search, but couldn't find a definitive answer. Hikvision 7608 - everything works well on mobile app. Live feed is nice, alerts are near instant, but replay is agonizingly slow. Is this typical or is there something that can be done to speed it up? I've taken to recording the clip in the app while I do something else and then watching it (the recording is the recording plays perfect) after, but that is inconvenient.

Thanks for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think because you are viewing the sub-stream in the live feed so things look fine on your remote device, but since the NVR records the main stream by default your viewing of any recorded footage is constrained by the speed of your home upload stream. Like me you might be relegated to "get alert, then view live stream". This is why getting email pics set up was important to me because I could instantly dismiss false alerts.

Last edited by a moderator:

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
That makes sense. Any idea what type of bump would give me some improvement? I do have pretty slow speeds (10 down/1 up). We've been on the fence about upgrading anyways. The next available option is 50/5. Think that would make much of a difference or no? If only they would fix the emails :/. Thanks again for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you can get higher upload rates go for it. My speeds are similar to yours and after a LOT of tweaking, the below settings work consistently for me for viewing my sub-stream with my 1 Mbs upload rates. If you could get 5Mbs up I'm pretty sure you could max out your sub-stream and view it easily. Main-stream, I really doubt it. Anyway, the main-stream is designed for recording and local viewing and the sub-stream is designed for remote viewing.

Resolution: 640x360
Bitrate Type: Variable
Video Quality: Higher
Frame Rate fps: Full Frame Rate
Max. Bitrate Kbps: 896

Good luck!