Sluggish Video/IP Camera Tool issue

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
ever since the storm knocked our electrical power off, I am having a problem getting my one camera to work again in Blue Iris.

I had the video up and running this morning, but the video frames were sluggish (the time stamp seconds' counter would pause a few seconds before continuing).

An hour ago, the camera went off...No Signal.

this is where I'm at now.

the IP Camera tool (Foscam) shows no camera listed. I did a reset of my Verizon modem and it worked, but soon again camera is not showing in the IPCamera Tool.

Attachments

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
Have no idea why it was working this morning, albeit sluggishly, and now not . . . Camera not even showing in Foscam IP Camera Tool.

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea why I can't get camera video working?
I have the proper IP address used.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera is on WiFi, try it wired. Perhaps an electrical surge deafened one of the WiFi radios involved?

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
it's the strangest thing: I haven't had time to even look at this issue and today, as of an hour ago, it's working again.
What the heck!

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
What exactly would cause a camera to go on/off, on/off at irregular times? Is it electrical surges, needing the reset?

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
What exactly would cause a camera to go on/off, on/off at irregular times? Is it electrical surges, needing the reset?
check the f.... thing with an Ethernet cable plugged in to network, otherwise it could be sun spots or the devil.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera that is doing this lately too. I am fairly certain that mine is not a wifi problem but a cheap camera problem. It will be going in the trash as soon as money is available to replace it ;)