Small addition to UI3

djton99

n3wb
Reaction score
Super basic addition to UI3 that would make my life easier anyway. When opening the properties of a camera I would love to see a clickable http link to the specific camera interface. This shows in the Video tab of camera configuration in BI. Usually something like https://192.168.x.x\login or something like that. Sometimes I just need to reboot a camera or something and having this link would be helpful.

Thanks!

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What about the "Restart Camera" menu option? Does that not reboot the camera?

djton99

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope. That just restarts the BI side of things. Each camera has a different method for rebooting so it would be hard to get that working right. Also for things like adjusting time, shutter speed etc that all needs to be done directly via the cameras native interface.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@djton99 I've always kind of wanted this in UI3 too. It is a little tricky though. As a software engineer I must consider all the angles. Blue Iris doesn't currently provide the camera's local IP or HTTP port, so I would need to contact BI support and have him provide that information. Then I could add the configuration link. But there are some situations (such as not being on the LAN) where the config links would not work. This would eventually lead to support requests being sent to BI support to complain and I really don't like being the cause of that ;) I will admit that is the main reason I have not asked for it. There's also the question of whether the cam's IP and port number should be provided to non-admin users. If it is provided, it could potentially leak unwanted information (for example if the IP/port was public-facing and the owner didn't want it shared). If it is not provided, then anyone who was logged in anonymously wouldn't get the links. A lot of people use the web server option to allow anonymous access on the LAN, and most of those people therefore wouldn't get the config links unless they logged in.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sometimes I just need to reboot a camera
From the help pdf, try this HTTP Interface command...
/admin?camera=x&reboot Reboot camera x (short name) (as supported)

Or this undocumented** JSON command; it also works on all my cameras...
jsonCmd:
[cmd] => ptz
[camera] => shortname
[button] => 37

** perhaps because of the bold caveat above

Last edited: