Small Delay and audio problems

gusyaya

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if it is possible to get rid of this small delay, I know it isn't much, but I want to have a live interaction with this particular camera, and blue iris is giving me this delay in the live feed.
Another thing is I can't send audio to the camera, the mic is fine, I tryed a lot of different compatible camera models but non of them send audio to the camera speaker.
The cameras web server does fine when I push the call button in live feed I have full duplex audio.delay.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
IP cameras inherently have a delay, it's not BI introducing it although it may add just a little to it. If you want "real time" it'll need a coaxial based system.

gusyaya

n3wb
Reaction score
Not the answer I'm looking for. The image on the left is the camera displaying the feed in IE at the same time that is in Blue Iris(right part of the capture) that the car is less advanced, this is blue iris delay. The image in IE have 100ms delay and in BI is about 600ms

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You do understand that BI is processing that video stream both for motion detection and for recording,writing to the disk, purposes. No matter the horsepower of the system those operations do take time. That is why backup cameras for vehicular use are composite video and not ip.

gusyaya

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tested the delay in a network when using skype? you can't notice it, so it's about implementation, what I can notice is a delay from the same feed viewing live in the same machine between Internet Explorer and Blue Iris,
and I don't think Blue Iris is reencoding anything to display the live feed. I'm not doing motion detection or recording to disk, nor that any of it should affect a non reencoded live feed. Blue Iris should display the live feed at the same time than IE unless is the 0.5mb minimum buffer that is affecting it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tested the delay in a network when using skype? you can't notice it, so it's about implementation, what I can notice is a delay from the same feed viewing live in the same machine between Internet Explorer and Blue Iris,
and I don't think Blue Iris is reencoding anything to display the live feed. I'm not doing motion detection or recording to disk, nor that any of it should affect a non reencoded live feed. Blue Iris should display the live feed at the same time than IE unless is the 0.5mb minimum buffer that is affecting it.
aside from skype using completely different protocols than rtsp video, there is lots of delay on a skype call, you just dont notice it because the other party is also delayed. Same with a voice telephone call, try standing in the same room and put the receiving phone on speaker. Since you appear to be an expert in video "implelemtation" perhaps write to the developer with your suggestions for a solution.
Also understand that the cameras web page operates differently than the rtsp blue iris stream. A true test would be to stream to vlc. Blue iris is not reencoding the stream when using direct to disk but it is decoding the stream. Regardless, a 600ms delay only bothers folks with ocd. There are other forums for that.