Smart PSS - Fullscreen goes to wrong monitor

Sokonomi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was wondering; Can SmartPSS only go fullscreen on the main monitor?

I have a secondary portrait mode monitor that id like to have smartPSS live view running on (without sidebar),
but as soon as I hit the fullscreen button, it dumps the feed to my main monitor.
An added complication is that I want to also keep using this monitor to occasionally pull up my emails and stuff,
so I can not make it a dedicated videowall (I think).

How can I make this work?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’ll do whatever you can think of. Your issue is with your OS.

Sokonomi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it works on win7, one might reasonably assume it would work on win10, but I guess it wont.

A possible cause might be that the side screens are running on the onboard intel APU and the center screen is on a dedicated nVidia card.

That said though, SmartPSS is the only app i've used that exhibits this annoying behavior; any of the other dozens of video applications i've used will stick to the screen it is currently residing on when going fullscreen, from adobe premiere pro to netflix, all work fine.

Is there a way to point it to the correct screen, or maybe just pop it out of the main body so I can maximize it wherever I want without the sidebar wasting space?

EDIT:
I managed to make it work, somewhat, but boy is it manky..
I have to use the built in windows move window shortcut (SHIFT+WIN+arrow) to force the fullscreen over to the side screen, and then hit the fullscreen button twice to make it fill out. A blank smartPSS remains on my center screen. To make it worse; when I exit fullscreen, the layout of smartPSS goes to hell completely. I can make it toggle using the F2 key though.

What I would really just want though, is kind of like how photoshop lets you snap and float individual windows, so I can drag a live view window to the side screen without all the extra tat that wastes screen estate.

This is 99% the layout im looking to achieve;

1667736220069.png
Only thing im missing is the taskbar on the right.
The key part being it fills my portrait screen properly without the sidebar eating up a fifth for no reason.

Last edited:

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It’ll do whatever you can think of. Your issue is with your OS.
That is not true. I don't know what version of SmartPSS I had but you could move the program to a monitor and then select full screen and it would open on the same monitor. With the current version I have installed when I move the SmartPSS program to a monitor and then select full screen it opens on the main monitor.
Nothing else changed with my Windows OS, drivers, monitors. I reinstalled a newer version of SmartPSS and it isn't so smart anymore.

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Works fine with an extra dual graphics card on an old dell with windows 7. Screen on right side of desk is used for emailing and web surfing by client.
This is nearly the end of 2023 and most people have moved off of Windows XP and Windows 7. You may have a great reason for running Windows 7 but most of us are on something a little more up to date.

No one has mentioned what version of SmartPSS they are using. My current version is 2.003.000 with Windows 10 22H2

Sokonomi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've given up on SmartPSS and just use the phone app now. :')
The software isn't getting any love because it won't help sell their NVRs I guess..

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the other hand, some of us may wonder why you downgraded from 7 to 10 or 11.
Thank you for increasing your post count with a useless Newbie response. You have not included anything useful for us or anyone else in the future. I was trying to be kind or polite on why someone is running an out of date OS. I thought the point of forums and threads were to help others with valuable responses.

The software worked flawless with Windows 10 for me.