Smart PSS - Live View config, IVS lines

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
All,

I have an old HP Pavilion clamshell PC. I'd like to use it near the kitchen to show what's going on outside, in the camera's view. Smart PSS seems ideal for this viewing/monitoring.

So far, using the clamshell is working nicely. If we hear an alert (line crossing, local alarm, intrusion zone, etc), we can glance at the clamshell display and instantly see what's in the scenes.

But I'd like to NOT have the cam views include the IVS tripwire and intrusion views lines. It's especially bothersome at night, when the bright blue lines of the ivs rules (tripwire lines, Intrusion zone boxes) degrade the views to see the cam b&w video.

In Smart PSS, when defining "Live View", I can select "Main Stream" or "Sub Stream", and then "Save". However, I don't see a way to permanently eliminate viewing the "IVS Rules" lines superimposed over the video.

I can temporarily subtract the "IVS Rules" from the Live View. But as soon as an IVS event occurs, the lines return. AARRGH!

My questions to you experts:
a) What's the best way to set up an independent PC to display camera images without showing IVS rules?
b) Guests come over, they cross IVS zones, and magically, I come meet them in the driveway. And give credit to the cam/NVR system. But when I show the view on the HP clamshell, the blue IVS lines don't help.
c) Where the IVS "trip wire" lines and "intrusion zones" are my business. I'd rather not show what triggers my system's alerts. Besides, it confuses guest when they see Smart PSS on the clamshell

Q: How can I disable showing IVS rules in the Smart PSS live view?

Or do I need to use "video wall" instead of "live View"?

Fastb

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
see if you can find an older version; the version I'm stuck on for my mac has no IVS lines.

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using Smart PSS V2.0 and can toggle IVS lines on or off in live view. I've not noticed them reappear on event when set to off but may have missed this. I'll have a look but it may take time as it's via a long range wireless network and very little human traffic passing by. The only V2.0 issue I have is the inability to add the latest cameras to the e-map...edit, and it took me 24 hours to find the e-map on V2.0

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using V1.14. IVS lines re-appear after any event. Then I need to manually toggle off the IVS lines.
MakoMilleniuum, thanks for confirming V2.0 has the same behavior.
nayr, maybe the behavior will be to my liking w/ a previous version. I may have to revert, just to see.....

Maybe I should try "video wall". I dabbled, but it's not intuitive, so I bailed out.

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fastb, You misunderstood my post as I stated that V2.0 behaviour appeared not to show lines on event. I was wrong, V2.0 does show the lines when they are crossed. I suppose this is like an alarm to alert you that a line was crossed if the console was unattended. I'm not sure how far you can go back in Versions as IVS wasn't always available.