Smart PSS PC-NVR Help

SDONG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello IP Cam Talk fam! I need some NVR setup help today.

I'm using Smart PSS (Version 2.02.0) on my Windows 10 machine and am trying to use one of my internal hard drives as an NVR. On the 'Devices' tab, I added the NVR and it's show up as 'Online', but for some reason on the PC-NVR tab, I keep getting the following error: Failed to get PC-NVR disk information!

Do you know why that is? Can someone help me troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance for your help! :)

error.jpg ss1.jpg

SDONG

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you ALL for the feedback & help! I already allocated HD space but every time I try to login to my NVR, it keeps logging me out and displaying the failed to get NVR info screen.

Should I start fresh and uninstall Smart PSS? OR maybe a simple reboot of my computer might do the trick?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you ALL for the feedback & help! I already allocated HD space but every time I try to login to my NVR, it keeps logging me out and displaying the failed to get NVR info screen.

Should I start fresh and uninstall Smart PSS? OR maybe a simple reboot of my computer might do the trick?
The reboot is the simplest and first to always try, but yeah, you may need to uninstall Smart PSS and PcNvr, then make sure your installing the lastest version 2.002.0

SDONG

n3wb
Reaction score
@looney2ns Thanks for the help :)

After uninstalling Smart PSS and PC-NVR, I recorded a video of the installation process and as you can see I'm still having issues. When you have a minute, would you mind taking a look and let me know what you think? Thanks again for all of your help!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried allocating the space on the C: drive instead?
Maybe exclude all folders related to smartpss/pcnvr from any security software.

best0186

n3wb
Reaction score
@looney2ns Thanks for the help :)

After uninstalling Smart PSS and PC-NVR, I recorded a video of the installation process and as you can see I'm still having issues. When you have a minute, would you mind taking a look and let me know what you think? Thanks again for all of your help!

What did you figure out with this situation? I had mine all set up, seemed to be working fine, now I am having the same issues. Very Frustrating.

Victor-y

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried the latest version 2.02.7 (2019-01-22) (Link Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki) and encountered the same problem.

However, I noticed that if I click on a tab other than HDD Manager (i.e. Channel Management, Record Plan, or Version) and wait patiently, the window will eventually switch (sometime it needs more than one click on the other tab). After it switches away from HDD Manager, the other tabs work normally.

I discovered that if I then remove all the cameras from the Channel Management > Selected Channels List (I only have one camera right now), then I can access the HDD Manager tab and change the HDD allocations.

Hope this "work-around" can help others until Dahua fixes the software properly. (Does any know if Dahua has a bug report process for this software?)

Haas-Cam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried the latest version 2.02.7 (2019-01-22) (Link Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki) and encountered the same problem.

However, I noticed that if I click on a tab other than HDD Manager (i.e. Channel Management, Record Plan, or Version) and wait patiently, the window will eventually switch (sometime it needs more than one click on the other tab). After it switches away from HDD Manager, the other tabs work normally.

I discovered that if I then remove all the cameras from the Channel Management > Selected Channels List (I only have one camera right now), then I can access the HDD Manager tab and change the HDD allocations.

Hope this "work-around" can help others until Dahua fixes the software properly. (Does any know if Dahua has a bug report process for this software?)
So are you saying that it is now fully functional with this OR you can only use one of your cameras because if that is the case it is pretty much useless :)
Please let us know as I have fought this issue for hours and hours and gave up only to use pre 2.x software which doesn't exhibit this issue.

Victor-y

n3wb
Reaction score
I only own one camera at the moment so I'm not able to test it with more. It appears functional (can view PC-NVR recordings from SmartPSS) but I just started using it and haven't tested it enough to know if all the functions work. I'll do more testing and report if I find any additional remaining issues.

I haven't looked at the pre 2.x software. What are the features in 2.x that are missing in the earlier software?

Haas-Cam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wasn't really looking for "features" I was just looking for a functional PC-NVR. I noticed that recently Dahua pulled the old versions off of their servers so I don't know if there was some security issues or maybe they were end of support? Recently I had to nuke my PC that does my NVR stuff and I couldn't get the old version any longer AND still could not get the new version to work so I bought a copy of Blue Iris. I know that is the holy grail among most users here but I would rather go back to SMART-PSS just for the simplicity of the product however as previously mentioned I cannot get it to work. So if this "workaround" get's it going that would be wonderful.

Haas-Cam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting, Thanks.
I am definitely going to test your work around.

Victor-y

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not resolve the issue... I only discovered that the communication of HDD Manager settings between SmartPSS and PC-NVR is extremely slow when PC-NVR is recording streams from cameras.

The HDD Manager tab for PC-NVR settings doesn't work when PC-NVR is recording. However, we can switch to the Camera Management tab or the Record Plan tab if we wait very patiently after clicking those tabs. If all cameras are removed from the Camera Management list (which should turn off recording) then the HDD Manager tab will work normally. After making changes in the HDD Manager tab, add cameras back on the Camera Management tab to start recording again.

I'm guessing that all recordings will be lost when cameras are removed from the Camera Management list, so this is a "work-around" to access the HDD Manager settings and not a "fix". We should be able to change the Record Plan without removing cameras from the Camera Management list, so we should only be forced to lose recordings when changing settings in the HDD Manager tab.

I have only just started using SmartPSS + PC-NVR so none of the above has been thoroughly tested yet.

Haas-Cam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not sure how they can publish software that absolutely does not work but they have.

sp1k3ster

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone find an actual solution to this? We're having the same issue and the mobile app (gDmss Plus) also crashes the SmartPSS server because of this.

Victor-y

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone find an actual solution to this? We're having the same issue and the mobile app (gDmss Plus) also crashes the SmartPSS server because of this.
SmartPSS and PC-NVR are still working the same for me, which is they are OK except for the slow UI response when trying to access the PC-NVR HDD Manager configuration page. I do not use gDmss Plus, but PC-NVR works with the iDMSS Plus app on my iPhone.

mrday

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried to change the PC-NVR default port? I set it to 37780, only after that I had the possibility to obtain information about the disk and the nvr. Probably there is some port conflict on the 37777
I cannot deny that this software doesn't appear too much functional but it should be. For me, it's impossible to use the 37777, I hope this change solve the problem for a long time period