Smart Pss Slow/Lagging - Dahua Camera System

Sunlitbbq

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

When trying to live view/playback on smart pss on any pc, i am finding that the loading/viewing etc extremely laggy. :idk:
I have tried switching between main and sub stream with no success.

When i view it on my phone via dmss, i have no problems and can search/playback footage etc.

Its a:

DAHUA LITE SERIES 8CH WHITE MINI NVR 8x POE UPTO 8MP/4K H.265/4/5+/4+ 1x NIC 80Mbps INPUT 8CH@1080P DECODING PLASTIC

I have 7 x 6mp cameras and 1 x tioc 2.0 8mp camera directly connected to the nvr running via DHCP.

Am i somehow exceeding bandwidth or something?

Will it run quicker smoother if i run the cameras static/through a gigabit switch and into the nvr?

Thanks in advance.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you running Wifi on your computer? Playback several recordings in main really tests your bandwidth.

Scruffers

n3wb
Reaction score
Was using a 13y old i7 dell laptop, no lag at all. A somewhat newer and beefy MSI gamer desktop lags something awful.

Sunlitbbq

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah its really annoying. Tempted to run a data cable from office monitor to nvr and convert to hdmi and have a direct connection.

Colditz

n3wb
Reaction score
I've only had bad luck with the SmartPSS so far. However, the SmartPSS Lite works flawlessly for me. Maybe give that a try?