Smart Tracking 3.0 DS-8225IX AEL (T5)

Reaction score
Good Day All

I have googled this quiet a bit and there is NOT a lot of people talking about it.
Was hoping to find some like-minded individuals who can assist advise on Hikvision's Smart Tracking 3.0.
I have used many Smart Tracking 2.0 PTZ, i understand the "Complications" smart track introduces as it is BY FAR not a perfect system.

I would like to speak about the DS-8225ix AEL (T5) Black Box. It shipped with the firmware:
V5.8.0 build 221214.
Now this PTZ sports the new NVR Firmware look which is pretty cool however everything has moved from the previous version. Currently i have the DS-2DF8250I8X-AEL (Firmware: V5.5.810 build 211009) and this sports the traditional Hikvision web interface. and this unit see,s to run perfectly.

Onto my first "issue" on the new DS-8225ix AEL (T5).
it clearly states that "Smart Track is not a priority and will patrols and patterns will take preference.
From a default standpoint the Smart Track is working better than previous versions HOWEVER when i set a PTZ linkage (which seems to work well/ responded faster) it does NOT track the pedestrian it is supposed to . Please see this link to the video and let me know your thoughts.

I have been told i will need to set a smart rule on the preset of where the linkage sends the PTZ to and thus it will trigger the smart track once the rule has been broken.
(that was actually quiet a mouthful, i hope that makes sense)

The Previous version of the DS-8225ix AEL (that was a (C) with 2019 firmware) did NOT require a smart event to trigger the auto tracking once a PTZ linkage has been acted on.
1) am i talking under correction here?
2) If i draw a line crossing on the desired PRESET, when the PTZ goes back to initial position ( or Home) as it is called now it takes the rule with it. I
Is it supposed to take the rule with it? or am i doing something wrong?
3) Once the PTZ linkage has been acted on it takes about 5 seconds for the RULES to appear on the screen. and sometimes if the person is walking to fast, he will walk past the line crossing before the rule has appeared on the screen. ( i am not saying that is why the auto tracking is not happening, but that sounds like a floored system.

Please watch video and let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Attachments

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Auto tracking 3.0 is horrible. You are indeed correct it does require any event to start, mostly smart events as intrusion or line crossing.

The problem still is that unlike privacy mask which is drawn on X,Y coordinates and moves with it(like 3D) line crossing and areas are not. Hence they stay where you drew them.

If you did not update, DONT.

Reaction score
Auto tracking 3.0 is horrible. You are indeed correct it does require any event to start, mostly smart events as intrusion or line crossing.

The problem still is that unlike privacy mask which is drawn on X,Y coordinates and moves with it(like 3D) line crossing and areas are not. Hence they stay where you drew them.

If you did not update, DONT.
i must NOT do the firmware update?

Reaction score
I used to be a big, "must update firmware" on every device guy" untill a did some reading up and it seems there is some firmware updates that turn near perfect smart track unit into a "uneducated stumbling pile of hot mess"
So i will not be updating the firmware.

I really wish there was a reboit schedule for this device. As i have always found that after a rebootbthe device just works better..

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly, that has to be one of the worst smart tracking I’ve seen to date. :facepalm: Hikvision should be completely ashamed selling a camera that cost this much with shit tracking!

I have no clue how the older systems tracked better. Yet a newer product tracks worse than hardware 2-3 years older?!?

Hope someone at Hikvision see’s this and takes action! Post this up on social media so they can be shamed to take action!

Reaction score
Honestly, that has to be one of the worst smart tracking I’ve seen to date. :facepalm: Hikvision should be completely ashamed selling a camera that cost this much with shit tracking!

I have no clue how the older systems tracked better. Yet a newer product tracks worse than hardware 2-3 years older?!?

Hope someone at Hikvision see’s this and takes action! Post this up on social media so they can be shamed to take action!
I cannot give a rating on the hikvision smart tracking in this video BECAUSE it is NOT tracking and her with lies the problem.

The ptz is responding to the ptz linkage sent by another static camera. And then its stops there....

That's it.. I must be doing something wrong

In 2016 i got the DS-2DF7268-AEL and smart tracking was a breeze,<~~ Very impressed with this ugly unit. thats the entire reason i am with Hikvision, the 2019(2DF8225IX-AEL) version disappointed and the 2021(2DF8225I-H-AEL) version disappointed. and here we are 2024 with the 2DF8225ixAEL (T5)

Last edited: