Smart tracking issue

Aomega001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Please can anyone help with an issue I am experiencing?
I set the smart tracking in the cameras own home page DS-2DE4A225IW-DE and it tracks seamlessly however the NVR DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A does not record the smart tracking events. The NVR records fine when the Smart tracking is off. Can anyone tell me what settings I need to enable/disable for the smart tracking to be recorded by the NVR please? Both of the cameras and the NVR have the latest Firmware. I have also notice that when I move either of the cameras away from where I have drawn the smart event areas it does not record either. I have enabled full screen monitoring and that does not help. Anyone any ideas please.

sfitz527

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried triggering recording on the NVR from the cameras motion detection? I believe I had a similar problem a few years ago and that was the best solution I found. I also had to adjust the record time after a motion event was triggered from the default 5s to 30s or so to capture the whole event if the camera was tracking an individual.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stupid question but are you recording 24/7 on the nvr?

Aomega001

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried triggering recording on the NVR from the cameras motion detection? I believe I had a similar problem a few years ago and that was the best solution I found. I also had to adjust the record time after a motion event was triggered from the default 5s to 30s or so to capture the whole event if the camera was tracking an individual.
I don't have the motion detection active as it triggers too many false alarms, I do however have the smart events active which should be enough. In my NVR there is no option for triggering Smart tracking linkage. I have a feeling the nVR is too old to be compatible with the smart tracking on the camera. I have emailed Hikvision and have not received a reply, now ten days on, not surprised really. Thank you for your reply. If I am wrong please let me know thanks.