SmartMotionHuman alert - IPC-T5442TM-AS

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Using smart alerts and I get the 'SmartMotionHuman' alert when my dog is in the yard. Isn't the camera smart enough to know that it is NOT a HUMAN? Any suggestions on what I can do to tinker with the settings to prevent this false alert?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try using IVS rules instead. Most of us have found those to be better than SMD and MD.

Turn SMD and MD off and then just IVS.

Max size means if the object is larger than that it will not trigger. Best to leave that at default unless you get too many false triggers.

Min size means the min size you want the camera to trigger on. Since you have a camera with AI, you leave this at 0,0 unless you are getting false triggers, then you set a min size larger than the false trigger (like a dog).

The box for the min and max size is just a representation and the positioning on the screen means nothing.

The pixel counter is simply to measure an object so you know what sizes to put in for a min object size. You do not need to do anything with this.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks this works really well. I almost feel as if I need to test it daily to make sure it is working since I don't get any false alarms anymore. - much appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, LOL. An unintended consequence of no false triggers is wondering if it is still working!

The alternative is too many false triggers and then ignoring or turning off notifications because there are too many, and then the purpose is defeated.

I spent the time to dial mine in, so now when I get an alert, I spring into action because I know it is an issue.