SmartPSS connection issue

eleV^te79

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys,
I’m having an issue getting an internet connection to my DaHua NVR. Operating on a iMac , I downloaded the software for Mac from Dahuas website when I go to add + for the NVR I type in all the necessary fields click save and it tells me I have no internet connection.
I ran Ethernet from my modem straight to the NVR , still no connection.
Can the NVR run on a WiFi signal ?
I went into system / network on the Mac and tried turning WiFi off. Still no luck , any help is appreciated.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
No, your NVR network settings need to be set to the same scheme as your LAN, which means, if your gateway is an AT&T router, you would be on 192.168.1.1 and your NVR would be on an address from 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254. You can create a static address or set the IP address to DHCP and let the router choose an open address for you. Once this is set, then you can search for your recorder on your LAN.

eleV^te79

n3wb
Reaction score
No, your NVR network settings need to be set to the same scheme as your LAN, which means, if your gateway is an AT&T router, you would be on 192.168.1.1 and your NVR would be on an address from 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254. You can create a static address or set the IP address to DHCP and let the router choose an open address for you. Once this is set, then you can search for your recorder on your LAN.
Thank you