SmartPSS different settings than on WebGUI of IP Camera ?

Jovzin

n3wb
Apr 5, 2021
Europe
Hello and nice to meet you all.
I would love to ask you one thing. I am using SmartPSS ( still newbie with this as for last few years I was setting up my cameras via WebGUI ) to set the IR light during the night and day. When I am setting this feature directly on the camera in the WebGUI I can set it that during the day it is set to OFF and during the night is is set to manual setting and 25% of the LED light ( I have the 3549-AS-LED ) .
But as soon as I try to do this in SmartPSS looks like it is not working and the settings are set for both Day/Night the same. I set it as OFF during the Day and when I switch to Night and set it as Manual 25% and save it and change back to Day the settings are set to Manual 25% not to OFF.
But when I check via WebGUI it is set to OFF for Day and Manual for night.

I must say I am still new to SmartPSS. I wanted to try that SmartPSS due to setting up that new camera with that Smart AI things which is better to set it in SmartPSS than on WebGUI.
But somehow I think that the SmartPSS app is using different config file for the camera ? And not changing the settings on the camera at all ?
Or how it is working ? Are there two different settings files on the camera one for WebGUI usage and one for SmartPSS usage ?
Thank you for explanation.
Btw my SmartPSS version is : 2.02.1
I know there is some newer version ( V2.003.0000004.0.R.201021 ) so I think to try that new version. Maybe it will work. Looks like this 2.02.1 has some bugs ?

Do not use SmartPSS (any version) for any camera settings. It does not have the same controls and you will regret it. Use the camera GUI.

SmartPSS is great for viewing live and reviewing/pulling recorded footage. That’s it.

Aha hmm ok, thank you sir.
And if I may ask you one more thing.
I see that for setting up the Smart AI, looks like it is a bit better in SmartPSS than on Firefox as somehow it is slow as hell when I try to draw that line or triangle for the Smart AI motion detection.

Or should I use Chrome instead ?

Almost always you should use chrome or IE

You should use Internet Explorer for best experience. Some have used Pale Moon and Chrome with the IE extension, but IE is what the software was developed around.

Reactions: bigredfish