SmartPSS -frame search - anyone got this to work?rame search in playback.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The smart pss software has a frame search In The playback section (that blue looking glass). You seem to draw a box, then search.

I've never had anything work. I assumed it's a motion search. Is this correct? Anyone got anything useful out if it?

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive played with it on the NVR, highlight / box the area you want to search and press play. It should only show file segments with motion in the highlighted area. As for smart alerts, Ive only had motion detection so far..

Its great for doing a quick search of a particular area such as end of driveway or front door instead of going thru every motion file if you have other things that normally setoff motion such as shadows or birds in specific areas..

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does it work on the cameras rather than the NVR? Mine always says nothing found. Even if in the next frame somebody walks in.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think it also has to have detected motion "md" within that area that is selected. if motion didn't trigger a record event I don't think it will show. I may be wrong. p

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since your recording 24/7 anyway setup motion detection also. It won't use anymore had space but will give you a mark on time line anytime motion is detected.