SMARTPSS help

maphilippe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I installed SmartPSS on a laptop and on a desktop PC, it is impossible for me to see my cameras.
My NVR is a DHI-NVR4208-8P-4KS2.
On my smartphone, I have the gDMSS app which works very well.
I do not know if it is SmartPSS which does not work or if it is a bad config of the NVR.
Camera flows in smartPSS remain at 0 ...
Thank you for your help

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can see them on your phone, you are viewing the substream, as a simple test, open your smartPss, go back to view your cams and try to switch to substream.

sub.jpg
If Sub Stream is working, then its a good chance that your devices are not capable of viewing higher resolutions. What resolutions do you have your cams set at ? What kind of cameras do you have ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I had him open a single substream in SmartPSS and he said still got the 'Searching for Video" prompt..

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, he PM'ed me but I like to keep it in the open, Not sure how much you did with him already but a few things come to mind here.

Monitor on the NVR? I assume that is working for him. If that's fine what about viewing direct over the Lan webgui ? If he cannot view over the lan, smartPss ain't gunna work.
Seems we are getting a lot of issues with those NVR's as of late and buggy firmware or perhaps I'm imagining it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Says he sees fine with gdmss but with SmartPSS just searching for video. Asked him to connect via Ethernet cable says same problem.
Gets green lights in SmartPSS on NVR and cameras but won’t stream.
Says using standard ports..

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Possible old pc can’t handle stream but says he tried a single sub stream and no joy

maphilippe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea, he PM'ed me but I like to keep it in the open, Not sure how much you did with him already but a few things come to mind here.

Monitor on the NVR? I assume that is working for him. If that's fine what about viewing direct over the Lan webgui ? If he cannot view over the lan, smartPss ain't gunna work.
Seems we are getting a lot of issues with those NVR's as of late and buggy firmware or perhaps I'm imagining it.
Thank you for your research, I tried your options but it doesn't change anything. My cameras are IPC-HFW2431T-ZS, the resolution is H.264H and 2304 X 1296 my computers are of very good quality and I think they are able to read the videos, they are recent

maphilippe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Possible old pc can’t handle stream but says he tried a single sub stream and no joy
Thank you for your research, I tried your options but it doesn't change anything. My cameras are IPC-HFW2431T-ZS, the resolution is H.264H and 2304 X 1296 my computers are of very good quality and I think they are able to read the videos, they are recent

maphilippe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I installed version 1.16 but it's the same ...
Little additional info, when I install PC NVR if I add my cameras, I see the images but only in PC NVR

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you able to log on direct to the NVR through your laptop and see them ? FYI, Instead of posting new threads of the same issue, just bump the thread, you have created like 3 different threads of this issue.

maphilippe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, sorry for the triple post ...
When I am on my private network, I see my cameras directly with its IP address, see screenshot.
I did an email to Dahua but no response !!!

Attachments

maphilippe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I just found the solution ... on the NVR you have to uncheck audio / video transmission encryption.
Thank you for your help and your research
Regards philippe

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,
I just found the solution ... on the NVR you have to uncheck audio / video transmission encryption.
Thank you for your help and your research
Regards philippe
So you had it encrypted? Was that something you did or was that done by default? Can you show a screenshot of that, that would be great.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm yes I’ve seen that screen on the newer FW but mine wasn’t checked by default.

congrats on figuring it out!

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm yes I’ve seen that screen on the newer FW but mine wasn’t checked by default.

congrats on figuring it out!
I deal mostly with Dahua USA, I have never seen that and I do not do much firmware upgrades, good to know its there. Thanks for the education I will go looking Now.