SmartPSS only showing sub stream for some cameras

neukyhm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have this Dahua DVR I have been using for months with SmartPSS. The PC and the DVR are in the same house network. Suddenly, SmartPSS can't load the main stream for 6 of 8 cameras, only sub stream. When I try to display the main stream, it gets stuck on searching video forever. The thing is that if I try the web browser service, there is no problem and I can see all the main streams, I also tried to load the RTSP main stream with VLC and it also works.

The problem can only be solved for a while if the DVR is rebooted. Restarting the PC or reinstalling SmartPSS does nothing.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Something on your network, the PC you are using for SmartPSS,, your Wifi router, or the NVR can't handle streaming the full resolution streams of 6-8 cameras all at one time. There is a limit on any system. I cant stream that many cameras full res on my laptop OR the NVR.

neukyhm

n3wb
Reaction score
Something on your network, the PC you are using for SmartPSS,, your Wifi router, or the NVR can't handle streaming the full resolution streams of 6-8 cameras all at one time. There is a limit on any system. I cant stream that many cameras full res on my laptop OR the NVR.
The problem I think is not anything you describe because:
-The DVR and PC use ethernet
-I can playback all the 8 cameras' main stream at the same time without issues so I don't think this is a network problem

The problem is when viewing on live. As I said, it's been working well until yesterday.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm well good luck. When I try to stream live my 8 2MP cams and 2 4MP cams in full resolution, my computer locks up and SmartPSS CPU goes Red 95% utilization (ethernet)

Last edited: