SmartPSS v2.0 issue archiving footage -- always archives 1 hour

Seb Goode

n3wb
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

I am having an issue with SmartPSS version 2.0 and higher -- when I go to archive footage, it always will archive 1 hour of footage regardless of the time specified. For example, if I select "15:00-15:15" and try to archive that it will archive something like 15:00-16:00. If I try 13:00 to 13:01 it gives me 13:00-14:00.

This means I cannot get the footage I want unless I am after exactly 1 hour of footage.

This issue only happens on SmartPSS versions 2.0 and higher -- previous versions work ok for archiving, although they have a different unrelated issue, which is why I want to use version 2.0 or higher.

I have tried disabling DLST to see if it made any difference, but no change.

Has anyone else had this issue, and know how to resolve it?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

I am having an issue with SmartPSS version 2.0 and higher -- when I go to archive footage, it always will archive 1 hour of footage regardless of the time specified. For example, if I select "15:00-15:15" and try to archive that it will archive something like 15:00-16:00. If I try 13:00 to 13:01 it gives me 13:00-14:00.

This means I cannot get the footage I want unless I am after exactly 1 hour of footage.

This issue only happens on SmartPSS versions 2.0 and higher -- previous versions work ok for archiving, although they have a different unrelated issue, which is why I want to use version 2.0 or higher.

I have tried disabling DLST to see if it made any difference, but no change.

Has anyone else had this issue, and know how to resolve it?
I just now tested with the latest ver, and I see the same behavior. The clipping doesn't work.

Seb Goode

n3wb
Reaction score
I just now tested with the latest ver, and I see the same behavior. The clipping doesn't work.
Is there any other way to archive footage that you know of, apart from using the clipping tool? Can it be done on the web interface? I've had a look at the web interface, and while I can view footage on there I can't figure out how to archive.

Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm. I can download a clip for as little or much time as I want on 2.01 using the clipping tool.... Interestingly on 2.0 (which I prefer) while the clip tool works, it is off by exactly one hour.... the little slider flags show to be one hour ahead of the actual video being cut and it indeed downloads video one hour beyond what I am "clipping"...