SMD on the NVR5432

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the NVR5432-16P-I that I bought from Andy with 16 cameras like the IPC-T5442TM-AS and SD5A425XA-HNR along with some older ONVIF cameras. I am trying to enable SMB for one of my older cameras (IP-5IR4002VFZ-W) and I can see its properly detecting motion with the yellow box around the subject and the camera status says motion detection BUT the record status always stays on "Pre-Record" with SMB. The only way it records is if I turn on General but that's recording 24x7 I just want to record SMD events.

Some steps I took to enable SMD...

Again when I walk across the area the NVR shows motion (red person icon bottom left) along with putting a yellow rectangle around me but when I view the camera status it says pre-record. And the blue record indicator never comes on. Also in the AI Search SMD section, it shows events, but you cant view them since it didn't record.

Only way to fix it is to turn on general recording 24x7 but I really only want SMD events. Another workaround is to make an IVS intrusion event and that DOES work (actually records) but it feels that its not the same and I cant search it in SMD events area either. It wont allow me to use IVS and SMD at the same time either (Says limited resources and to disable IVS first before I enable SMD)

So, do you have to record 24x7 to use SMD? Or am I missing something really simple here?