SMD setup help

blakehaas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I got a new camera and it has SMD with human and car detection which for me is great!
I noticed that the smart motion detection works a little too well, picking up distant neighbors walking out of their houses etc. I was hoping that editing the motion detection area to exclude spots would stop that behavior but i cant figure out how to limit the place that SMD is looking at.

So i moved on to just using IVS:
I notice that in IVS there is intrusion with person and car detection. This is what i'm currently using as it allows me to set up an area to worry about. One issue with IVS is that its actually a little slower to respond vs only using SMD with human and car detection. It takes about ~3 seconds to alert me vs 1 with just SMD.

So my question is, is there a way to just use SMD and not use IVS but have specific areas to pay attention to?

Some photos of my setup:
Motion detection area seems to not affect SMDSettings.png Still triggers for everywhere
SMDIVSSettings.png image seems to work well but is slower.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set your intrusion to cross as well. Right now the camera is probably waiting for the person to appear within the box. Mine are all responsive and watching the camera I see it trigger the moment they "touch" the line.

blakehaas

n3wb
Reaction score
Set your intrusion to cross as well. Right now the camera is probably waiting for the person to appear within the box. Mine are all responsive and watching the camera I see it trigger the moment they "touch" the line.
Thanks,
I set it for enter and exit on cross.