SMD troubles

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
Could you help me to understand what is wrong with my SMD settings.
I setup SMD for my 3 ip Dahua cameras

IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2
IPC-HDW5442TMP-ASE
IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV

I hopped that SMD will help me to filter the false alarms like snow and rain.

I uploaded the screen of my SMD settings and the Search panel from the Dahua Web interface.
As you can see that altmost all line is yellow.
It is snowing.
As far as Iunderstand SMD must filter such processes as snow and rain.
In fact any motion causes false trigger.
I'm using IVS rules also but I need yellow labels on the search line to find event that occurs.

Regards

Attachments

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From Dahua site:
SMD
Surveillance systems that send false motion activated alarms triggered by extreme weather conditions, leaves rustling in the wind and animals moving throughout the scene are not only annoying, but are also counterproductive when running a business. Dahua’s Smart Motion Detection (SMD) is an ideal solution for low populated areas where you want an alert for people or vehicles anywhere in the scene without having to set rules and draw lines.
In fact it doesn't work in my case or I'm making something wrong.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What exact model of camera?
If the camera has IVS rules, use them instead.
IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2
IPC-HDW5442TMP-ASE
IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV

Rarely IVS rules doesn't work and I want to have additional guarantee to see impotant events.
For instance on the camera IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV is set three IVS rules but it works only the one rule that is closest to the camera.

I understand that IVS is much better than MD and SMD.

But Dahua declares that SMD ignores extreme weather conditions, leaves rustling in the wind and animals moving throughout .
It is not true , isn't it ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many have found the IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV to be a problematic camera that struggles with everything.

but you already know that from your other thread and our comments regarding the camera being too high and our suggestions regarding IVS in that thread...

The IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 does not have AI in it, so it will struggle regardless of which mode you use, in addition to not being on the correct MP/sensor ratio.

The IPC-HDW5442TMP-ASE is an excellent camera with AI and the IVS should be working well unless you are expecting too much from the camera and its field of view.

Please post some screenshots of the Field of View of the 5442 camera along with the settings you have for IVS and let's see if we can help you dial it in, or let you know if you are trying to squeeze too much from it.

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the yellow action you see is the regular Motion Detection and not SMD.

What are the Motion detection sensitivity and threshold set to? Default 60 and 5?
Increase Threshold to 50 and see if it reduce the amount of alerts.

Then to tune this in I recommend to subscribe to the events on your phone, get your good boots on, start walking around the premises.

If you still get the video detection alerts, bump up the sliders even more.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the yellow action you see is the regular Motion Detection and not SMD.

What are the Motion detection sensitivity and threshold set to? Default 60 and 5?
Increase Threshold to 50 and see if it reduce the amount of alerts.

Then to tune this in I recommend to subscribe to the events on your phone, get your good boots on, start walking around the premises.

If you still get the video detection alerts, bump up the sliders even more.
Yes, you are absolutely right my settings were 60 and 5. I set them to 50 and 10 for test.
As far as I understand when you turn on SMD then all actions will be SMD related because SMD doesn't have spetial settings for it only on/off and human/vehcle recoginzing.
Is possible to see only SMD actions on the Playback search panel ?

I've already subscribed on my phone on event. It very convinient.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, you are absolutely right my settings were 60 and 5. I set them to 50 and 10 for test.
As far as I understand when you turn on SMD then all actions will be SMD related because SMD doesn't have spetial settings for it only on/off and human/vehcle recoginzing.
Is possible to see only SMD actions on the Playback search panel ?

I've already subscribed on my phone on event. It very convinient.
I don't think this is correct. The events on the timebar are still MD. You would also see that on the push notifications, if they are MD, SMD or IVS.

Increase more, set both sliders to 50 - to "disable" MD.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many have found the IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV to be a problematic camera that struggles with everything.

but you already know that from your other thread and our comments regarding the camera being too high and our suggestions regarding IVS in that thread...

The IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 does not have AI in it, so it will struggle regardless of which mode you use, in addition to not being on the correct MP/sensor ratio.

The IPC-HDW5442TMP-ASE is an excellent camera with AI and the IVS should be working well unless you are expecting too much from the camera and its field of view.

Please post some screenshots of the Field of View of the 5442 camera along with the settings you have for IVS and let's see if we can help you dial it in, or let you know if you are trying to squeeze too much from it.
I very like both IPC-HDW5442TMP-ASE and IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2.
Fortunatelly IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 has Smart Plan + IVS rules so it works good but sometimes it triggers on rabits, mices, cats, birds and etc . I don't how to deal with it.
I didn't undertand comment about IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 correct MP/sensor ratio. In my opinion it has very good video and good zoom anyway it is much better than IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV .

One of the causes to use MD&SMD is it possibilty to record them to FTP.
I've not found settings to record IVS snaphots and videos to FTP.
What do you think it is possible?

Attachments

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think this is correct. The events on the timebar are still MD. You would also see that on the push notifications, if they are MD, SMD or IVS.

Increase more, set both sliders to 50 - to "disable" MD.
I setup both sliders to 50 for all cameras.
Let see what the result will be.

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
Where is the Timebar? Ihave disabled SMD and IVS on the Camera and it still sends motion alerts without the email checkbox ticked? The settings are on the NVR as the Camera does not synch them well.
Alarm Event: Motion Detect Alarm Input Channel No.: 2 Alarm Input Channel Name: Front PTZ

Cameras are: SD49425XA-HNR NVR is: Dahua WizMind NVR5216-16P-I