koenie248

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

In the new UI of camera’s from
Dahua is a “smooth stream” setting.
It’s in the mainstream as well and I can select from 1 to 100 - smooth

what does it do exactly?
What are the trade offs between 1 and 100?

koenie248

n3wb
Reaction score
I also could not visibly see any difference. Also the manual does not mention anything.
Maybe with motion there is a difference?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Or it may have nothing to do with image quality per se, its on the "Encode" tab... I kinda wonder it it has something to do with streaming the video over platforms like YouTube...?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Assume that it's the equivalent of Hikvision's similar setting. Been a long time since I've run Hikvision cams but my understanding from back then was that it was to better optimize video either for better image vs making motion more smooth/fluid. Not sure what exactly it alters to try to do that.

Smoothing: It refers to the smoothness of the stream. The higher value of the smoothing is, the better fluency of the stream will be, though, the video quality may not be so satisfactory. The lower value of the smoothing is, the higher quality of the stream will be, though it may appear not fluent.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Or it may have nothing to do with image quality per se, its on the "Encode" tab... I kinda wonder it it has something to do with streaming the video over platforms like YouTube...?
Or maybe it will have an effect on your Christmas lights :D