SMS motion alert pics

Reaction score
Why does it take 6 to 7 minutes to get sms and email alerts in Blue Iris, shouldn't it be immediately when the motion alert happens, same thing on my Dahua NVRS but I can't figure out hot to send pics with the alerts in Dahua

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris simply sends the alert via email. Could be your email provider or cell provider.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so you have sms and email alerts and you get them immediately in blue iris?
I don’t use those antiquated methods I get a push notification to my app. I just explained the reason why you were having your issue you can confirm it by looking at your sent messages and you will see the blue Iris sends it on time but it is your email provider or your cell provider that is delaying.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don’t use those antiquated methods I get a push notification to my app. I just explained the reason why you were having your issue you can confirm it by looking at your sent messages and you will see the blue Iris sends it on time but it is your email provider or your cell provider that is delaying.
Fenderman, what port do you open on your blue iris box in order to allow push notifications without giving full internet access?

I would much rather get the push notification but I haven't figured out what port is used for the android push? Currently, I only opened the Gmail smtp ports and use email notifications. I've been experiencing delays in receiving them as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, what port do you open on your blue iris box in order to allow push notifications without giving full internet access?

I would much rather get the push notification but I haven't figured out what port is used for the android push? Currently, I only opened the Gmail smtp ports and use email notifications. I've been experiencing delays in receiving them as well.
I maintain a vpn connection.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I maintain a vpn connection.
Thanks. That's interesting. I don't get push notifications whether I'm connected directly on my local wifi or connected through VPN.... unless I open port 443.
All the push settings are correct in BI since they do work but only if I allow 443- then my android phone receives the push.

However, I don't want to open that port since that literally grants access to everything internet related. I'll have to dig into my settings more or just leave it as is.