Snapshot quality

satoshi

n3wb
Reaction score
It was added to an update after substreams where introduced:

From the help file.
5.3.3 - October 1, 2020
When using dual-streaming, JPEG images will be created from the main-stream instead of
the sub-stream where possible. Rather than fully spooling up main-stream decoding, the
software uses the direct-to-disc pre-trigger frames buffer to synthesize these images. This
means you should specify at least enough pre-trigger time on the Record tab to span the
key-frame interval for your main-stream.

And yes, the issue of the clone camera without the substreams then makes it not a clone and motion detection will be made from the mainstream then and then you are pulling two video streams and actually using more CPU.
i am trying to retrieve the snapshot using the REST API call:
Code:
/image/{cam-short-name}
Still getting the substream version of the snapshot. Any ideas if it is even possible to obtain the highres version?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not using REST API, but if I set the camera to take a high res snapshot it does. So I would think it would be possible to retrieve it with REST API.

satoshi

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not using REST API, but if I set the camera to take a high res snapshot it does. So I would think it would be possible to retrieve it with REST API.
can you share which one are you referring to?

the one in trigger...add to alerts list: "Hi-res JPEG files" or in rhe Record tab check JPEGs?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am doing it on the record tab and check JPEGs

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just tried this and cannot replicate your observation.

Getting Hi-res snapshots may be dependent on having one of these options enabled:
1. Trigger tab > Add to alerts list > Hi-res JPEG files
2. Trigger tab >AI > Burn label markup on to alert images