Snapshot URL for Hikvision DS-2CD2185

huawatuam

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to get a snapshot out of my DS-2CD2185 (firmware V5.6.5 build 200316) and need a working URL.
Tried already several URL variants but non worked.

On my DS-2CD2142 the following URL works:
Code:
http://IP:PORT/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture
However another strange thing is that it does not require to enter a user and password!

Please help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However another strange thing is that it does not require to enter a user and password!
Presumably because you'd already logged in to the camera with the same browser tab so the session cookie is still valid.

Tried already several URL variants but non worked.
Does this do anything useful :
http://<IP_address>/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture?snapShotImageType=JPEG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Your code works with my DS-2CD2142 but still not with the DS-2CD2185.
I just tried this on a DS-2CD2385G1-I with firmware 5.5.83 and it worked OK.
I also tried it on a DS-2CD2385G1-I with firmware 5.6.2 and it was a bit quirky - it looks like a bug.
With the camera accessed freshly from IE11, with no other logon from the same browser instance, the URL hung.
Refreshing the tab had no affect.
There was no logon dialogue box.

After logging on to the web GUI using another tab on the same browser, refreshing the 'get picture' URL then produced a picture.
After logging out from the web GUI, again refreshing the 'get picture' URL caused it to hang again.

I updated the camera to the current IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.5_200316 firmware and the behaviour is the same.
I'd say this looks like a bug in the firmware - it's not issuing a login dialogue box in response to that ISAPI command.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The same result with Firefox/Linux.
The camera comes back with a '401 - unauthorised error' but without offering the login dialogue.