Snapshot URL without credentials box appearing

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Dashua model number DH IPC HDBW 4431R ZS IP camera and I am trying to get a snapshot from the device. I have tried many URLs but always come back to the point where a dialog box is displayed asking for a username/pwd combination. Most of the URLs I found include this information (un/pw) but it keeps being asked for anyways.

Has anyone had this issue before ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Dashua model number DH IPC HDBW 4431R ZS IP camera and I am trying to get a snapshot from the device. I have tried many URLs but always come back to the point where a dialog box is displayed asking for a username/pwd combination. Most of the URLs I found include this information (un/pw) but it keeps being asked for anyways.

Has anyone had this issue before ?
Both of these below work with my Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) but like yourself, it asks for the credentials each time (unless you tell IE or Chrome to 'remember' the login info). Sorry I cannot offer more help.
Code:
http://cameraIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=[USERNAME]&loginpas=[PASSWORD]
http://cameraIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?chn=1&u=[USERNAME]&p=[PASSWORD]

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
depending on your camera firmware version (it may or may not exist):
Login to the camera. Go to Setting -> System -> Safety (choices are Digest, Basic, or None)

Your camera may or may not have that setting. My guess is that it has hacked firmware, so no.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help. I haven't found yet but at least I have a good start.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can also try:
HTML:
http://login:password@cameraIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

Reaction score
While looking through the cam's settings, I found a Allow Anonymous access box I have checked. However, having tried many URLs I still can't get to an image without the credentials box.

Does anyone know how an anonymous URL would look like ?

Reaction score
Thanks VorlonFrog,

I've read that page already and it still pops-up a login window.

Reaction score
I used to grab snapshots at my previous place of employment, and the login box always appeared at first fetch, then went away, as I refreshed often enough to maintain the session. I believe 'Digest' authentication is what you want. I should mention, I was using an older version of the Firefox browser at the time.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, the very first one I give in post #2 works in this re-branded Dahua IF you login to admin, go to 'Setup', 'System', 'Manage Users' and check 'Anonymous Login', 'Save', log out, close browser, wait 30 seconds, open browser with the exact URL below (just change cam IP):

Code:
http://cameraIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=&loginpas=
I had tried that yesterday but was in a hurry to go somewhere and failed to close a hidden browser window that was open when doing this.

amcrest_IP2M-841_anonymous.jpg

Reaction score
I must've bought a defective unit as even when trying anonymous login it asks for a password. I have tried the urls above plus many others found elsewhere.

Thank you for your help

dahuar

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem has anyone find the solution? keeps asking me for the credentials. below is my camera info:
Device TypeIPC-HDW1230T1-S4
System VersionV2.680.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2019-09-11
WEB VersionV3.2.1.26770
ONVIF Version18.12(V2.0.0.26587)
S/N5L045C8PAGFCBB5
Security Baseline VersionV1.4