Snow - blow me...

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ohhh, "Creamy Dill"! From the angle I first read "Creamy Oil", which made me think now why would someone design a flavour profile with that of a blown head gasket...:drool:

They look pretty good, now that I have my glasses on :)

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, the snow is no longer tormenting my camera. I removed the motion stuff, and the scene change bits and am only using IVS rules for triggering events. *Thanks @oh6hfx !

Now the only remaining false alarms seem to be coming from my audio trigger for 'Intensity changes'. Good lord, I turned the sensitivity down to 4, the volume to 4, and the threshold up to 75 and still in the past several hrs it's gone off about 25 times. So I said F* it and just turned that off altogether. At some point I will have to buy an AUX mic. Maybe something I can just wire to the camera itself, OR perhaps there is something furry I can apply wherever the mic is on the Color4K-X. I can't recall where it is, so I'll look for a manual and go from there. I'm thinking something similar to what they put around gopro mic's. If guys riding around on a motorcycle can achieve crystal clear audio on their recordings then we IPC nuts should also be able to.

If anyone with a built in mic has found success with slapping on some furry bits to the mic area, let me know. Even with a sensitivity down to 4, when the wind whips up even slightly here my audio starts clipping into the red. That seems overly sensitive. But on a windless night or day I can hear the lake below, lapping onto shore like I'm 2 feet away, crystal clear. ACC, 32000, sensitivity 40, noise filter ON.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Andy! The image quality from your Color4K-X camera is pretty stunning, especially when the morning sun lights up the cliffs above the lake.

Taken minutes ago .. I think it's more powerful than I give it credit for. Any shortcomings are operator error, but learning has been a blast so far.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.15.12.png

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting. I have dozens of bullets without problem with rain. Fog will certainly trigger many cameras though.