Snowstorm time lapse

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Made these a bit ago. Bit of PITA for my first time trying to figure out how to do 3 days worth of a timelapse. The software I used didn't do the video any favors...but...it did work in the end.

Both of these 5231r-z

Yes...this would have been that blizzard that was all over the news in Erie, PA. It really wasn't as bad as they made it seem though. Little bit more than a light dusting though :)

For those of you that don't have to deal with snow storms...this is what happens with IR...or really any light.

This is from my PTZ - SD59225U-HNI

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Great job.

Lived in Pittsburgh for many years, dont miss that part ;)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Made these a bit ago. Bit of PITA for my first time trying to figure out how to do 3 days worth of a timelapse. The software I used didn't do the video any favors...but...it did work in the end.

Both of these 5231r-z

Yes...this would have been that blizzard that was all over the news in Erie, PA. It really wasn't as bad as they made it seem though. Little bit more than a light dusting though :)

For those of you that don't have to deal with snow storms...this is what happens with IR...or really any light.

This is from my PTZ - SD59225U-HNI

What was the 3 day total?

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Love lots of snow...

And I know what you mean about the IR with snow.. yikes. I'd like to have some more external IR. Of the four I bought, only one lasted more than a few months :(

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mind sharing which ones didn't work? I want to but have yet to go down this road as I haven't decided if I want to do IR or white led. In this case thermal would be awesome...but.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, these cheapy ones here https://www.amazon.com/CMVision-IR3-WideAngle-Degree-Illuminator/dp/B008GTAPSO

I posted a review with pics of one taken apart, in Jan 2016.
Of the four I bought, one still works great (and it's been outdoors the whole time!). The others are long dead and gone. I scavenged one to try to keep them going, but it didn't last long.
I'd really like to have more that work and last...as they do really help!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: jrf