So I snagged a Worx Landroid lawnmower and would like to put a camera on it

Reaction score
Because I love toys, I was able to snag a Worx Landroid robot lawnmower (thankfully just for $50 at a local auction). I was thinking of how to put livestream or recording camera on it just to see how it performs (how it handles 90 or 180 degree turns, what object it travels over to get stuck, how it avoids objects, etc) without physically keeping an eye on it all the time. I guess only options would be to either put another PTZ overwatching the yard and have it auto-track the Landroid. Even then, I think there is a time limit for that (300 seconds?). Or a Wifi camera attached to the machine. I've never purchased a WiFi camera before. This camera does not need anything fancy (IVS, AI, etc) as it the requirement would be just a simply front facing camera. Heck, could even be a Rasberry Pi3 camera. But would have to be somewhat weather proof.
I do not know the length of time needed for the livestream or recording as I have not yet had it run through a complete cycle for my yard. Which reminds me...I need grass instead of dirt but that's another project I am working on :)download.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An Amcrest IP2M-841 comes with a 5VDC @1.5A USB power supply. I've got 4, have installed a dozen, several forum members use/like it as well. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

I've connected one temporarily to a dedicated Asus router configured as an AP, watching for armadillos, about 50 ft. away and thru a double-pane window (solid brick house) and it's rock steady.

Say it draws a max of 1,500 mAh. A decent power bank is under $30 and can supply enough 5VDC to run it for a couple of hours at least, I would think.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
An Amcrest IP2M-841 comes with a 5VDC @1.5A USB power supply. I've got 4, have installed a dozen, several forum members use/like it as well. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

I've connected one temporarily to a dedicated Asus router configured as an AP, watching for armadillos, about 50 ft. away and thru a double-pane window (solid brick house) and it's rock steady.

Say it draws a max of 1,500 mAh. A decent power bank is under $30 and can supply enough 5VDC to run it for a couple of hours at least, I would think.
Oddly, there is a USB port on this thing. Unknown what it is for. I'll have to research if possible to attach a USB camera to it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Since you have dirt and no grass, you need an optional plow attachment. :rofl:
I actually wouldn't mind a 12" bar on the left and a 12" bar on the right, dispensing water to act as one of them farming linear water sprayers instead of using in-ground sprinkler system. With robot vacuums and robot lawn mowers, why is there not a mobile robot sprinkler?

Reaction score
Consider a cheap DashCam with wifi, easy to power off of 12 vdc and onboard storage, or an action cam with image stabilaization.
I do have a spare Skorche Dash camera. I think it relies on Bluetooth to upload to phone after a "Drive" is complete and then the smartphone app uploads to the cloud.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Understand the desire to do it. ; ) But unless you have areas that couldn't be seen, I think a normal cam with an overview of the area might be more practical and useful. Not sure POV is all that helpful and the bigger picture so to speak could show you more about how it's working. And probably will be vibrating and shaking like crazy mounted on it.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind a 12" bar on the left and a 12" bar on the right, dispensing water to act as one of them farming linear water sprayers instead of using in-ground sprinkler system. With robot vacuums and robot lawn mowers, why is there not a mobile robot sprinkler?
Stationary robot like sprinkler at Otolawn.com

Reaction score
if this Otolawn can do a 100'x6' rectangle and then a 50' triangle... fantastic! And if it can shoot 50', will it waste water by misting due to the distance and required water pressure?

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know most people hate them but I have a few of the Wyze v3 cams. They work really well and are weatherproof. Can run off a 1300mAh battery pack for over a day

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oddly, there is a USB port on this thing. Unknown what it is for. I'll have to research if possible to attach a USB camera to it.
It's probably just a charging port - not an actual usb port. My garden Tertill has one on it

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm wrong about the port - according to a user manual I found online the port is used to update the firmware
Maintenance EN
Manual updates
• If your Landroid is not connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can still update it to the latest software version with a USB stick
• Regularly visit the Worx Landroid website to check if any new version is available. If you subscribed to Landroid email list, you will be
notified when a new version is available
• Download the latest software version at our website
• Unzip the file on your computer
• Take a blank USB stick formatted in FAT32
• Save the unzipped Landroid software to the USB stick
• Place Landroid on a secure and level surface
• Turn off Landroid
• Go to the rear of the Landroid to access the USB port.
• Insert the USB stick in the port
• Place the Landroid on the lawn again, inside the working area delimited by the boundary wire
• Turn on Landroid
• Without lifting Landroid, remove the USB stick when “Please remove the USB key” is displayed
• The update will begin automatically and may take a while. Landroid will restart automatically after the update is completed
NOT

Reaction score
I'm wrong about the port - according to a user manual I found online the port is used to update the firmware
Maintenance EN
Manual updates
• If your Landroid is not connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can still update it to the latest software version with a USB stick
• Regularly visit the Worx Landroid website to check if any new version is available. If you subscribed to Landroid email list, you will be
notified when a new version is available
• Download the latest software version at our website
• Unzip the file on your computer
• Take a blank USB stick formatted in FAT32
• Save the unzipped Landroid software to the USB stick
• Place Landroid on a secure and level surface
• Turn off Landroid
• Go to the rear of the Landroid to access the USB port.
• Insert the USB stick in the port
• Place the Landroid on the lawn again, inside the working area delimited by the boundary wire
• Turn on Landroid
• Without lifting Landroid, remove the USB stick when “Please remove the USB key” is displayed
• The update will begin automatically and may take a while. Landroid will restart automatically after the update is completed
NOT
from reddit:
"I tested with the Wyze cam 3 which is 1A and then added the spotlight (for testing) and turned it on which is another 1A. So 2A seems to be OK. I probably will just use 1A anyway unless I go nuts and add a rear facing cam just because I can"

I, of course, have to test myself but it looks promising