So y'all have made me paranoid...

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wait until you reach the stage of hyper vigilance. - quote of the week !

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I just want it known that since I’ve been on this site, I started dreaming about Chinese hackers and IP addresses. So now I turn my vpn on as soon as I leave my house. thank you.
:iloveipct:
If you want to be a real die-hard, you have to nice options too: 1) deadman switch (which means that if your internet goes down, or you reboot your phone, the VPN applications "blocks" all outbound traffic until the VPN tunnel is opened again - the reason is that your android/iOS is so vigilant to try to fetch your latest emails and news bulletins, and even that traffic might be "at risk".) This deadman switch is sometimes called "seamless" connection. 2) my openVPN setup is setup this way that my VPN client is ON all the time, which gives me the advantage when going to far out in the garden, wifi signals drop, but due to the deadmanswitch, my 4G kicks in and hoppaa, I can simply continue without any hassle. It would be kinda stupid to have missed my IP doorbell call when being in the garden and "forgot" the VPN client.

I sincerely hope I was no part of your stage of hypervigilance :p
CC

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want to be a real die-hard, you have to nice options too: 1) deadman switch (which means that if your internet goes down, or you reboot your phone, the VPN applications "blocks" all outbound traffic until the VPN tunnel is opened again - the reason is that your android/iOS is so vigilant to try to fetch your latest emails and news bulletins, and even that traffic might be "at risk".) This deadman switch is sometimes called "seamless" connection. 2) my openVPN setup is setup this way that my VPN client is ON all the time, which gives me the advantage when going to far out in the garden, wifi signals drop, but due to the deadmanswitch, my 4G kicks in and hoppaa, I can simply continue without any hassle. It would be kinda stupid to have missed my IP doorbell call when being in the garden and "forgot" the VPN client.

I sincerely hope I was no part of your stage of hypervigilance :p
CC
I like this idea. Now, I need to figure out how to set it up on my devices. Especially my wife’s phone, she never uses the vpn except to look at the cameras.

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
iOS VPN Profile Generator

Will create a VPN profile for IOS that uses the L2TP VPN configured in you router and make it have a connect on demand feature. Works good and i am always connected to home VPN when away from home i just excluded my home wifi so any other wifi or cell data connections are VPN connected back to home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk