Software that supports multimedia PVMs

dgbytes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks. I have a Hikvision HVR with only 2 HDMI ports, a PC with 2 display ports, and 4 TVs. I need each TV to have its own custom camera views. I figured I would just extend the desktop display on the PC, but it's not very user friendly when one of your TVs is in a different room than your HVR. Is there any PC software that is capable of handling the TV outs that would make extending the 2nd display easier for the end user?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the TV's are Smart TV's with browser capability and are on the LAN with the PC, you might consider Blue Iris on the PC:
  • Stream the NVR/HVR via RTSP to Blue Iris ("BI").
  • Each cam of the HVR will be a cam on BI.
  • Create groups of specific cams in BI to be viewed on specific TV's (ex: HVR cams 1, 2 & 3 will be group 1; on TV 1, open TV's browser to BI's web server "UI3" using a URL that brings up only group 1 and full screen. Repeat the process of creating groups for the other 3 TV's.
  • BI costs less than $60.
  • You can try for free for 15 days to see if it works for you (BI works best if hardware meets min specs here and is configured to optimize the CPU as here.)
  • Most non-Smart TV's can utilize a $40 Firestick plugged into an HDMI port to allow running TinyCam Pro and stream those same cam groups from BI.

Last edited:

dgbytes

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much! That is great info. I had tried this by using a web page on the smart TV before but of course the hikvision webpage required plug-ins to work.

Also, I hope Blue Iris has better 360 cam views than hikvision. You can show some limited multi view angles on the DVR only.

Last edited: