Solar Led Lights

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wanted to pop in here and share my experience with some new led lights I just picked up off Amzn. I recently installed 2x 2mp Dahua Starlight cameras over my driveway to watch my cars. In the pitch black they didnt show a ton of detail even with the IR lights provided in the IP cam themselves. I found these lights in a 2 pack for $17. I was shocked when i received the box tho, they are hand sized!
I installed them centered on my cars with the 2 screws (each) onto my rental house (or i would hard wire lights). It took me 2 minutes. Once it got dark I went outside to check them out and was presently surprised just how good they work. They provide a very nice wide beam of soft light that should deter most hoodlums going through cars in my neighborhood. The added benefit is the starlight cameras pick it up and the detail from the added light shows a crisp and clear B&W image. I will try and get some video soon.

These are the lights, these are not affiliate links and i paid cash for these. Only mentioning these because I think they will fill all those dark gaps in my security where I can't illuminate with out running wires. I will also be putting these around my home to add light when im stumbling around in the dark lol
http://a.co/ibejWdx

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

boxgranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Will ditto that. Found them independently and have six up now with more to come. I wish they stayed on a bit longer, but that is probably an issue of battery capacity. Nonetheless, they are convenient and offer a measure of deterrence. The will be very nice if there is a power failure since they will light up where I connect the generator to the house.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My neighbor has some LITOM branded lights like that. They're probably sold under different names because the design is very, very similar. Our houses are only about 12' apart and he has them over the bedroom windows which face our house. When its dark, they are definitely bright enough to light up the area. I've been thinking of adding some to the front of my house where I also have two Dauha 2 MP starlights and could use some extra light if someone is poking around out there. I have some bigger solar motion lights in the back but these are much smaller and more discrete looking so that's a plus for the front of the house. It's good to know that the Starlights will stay in in B&W mode and just use the added light to improve the image.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
with the starlight, shouldn't these put your cams in day mode?
Or do you have to keep it in day mode for that to work?
From testing with the security lights in the back yard, I just left them in auto. The IR would be on in the dark, then the lights came on and created a nice sharp B&W image. If the lights are bright enough, the camera will switch back to color mode. It happens pretty quickly.