Sold my house and would like to properly transfer over my NVR and access to Hik-Connect to the new owner -- help this noob please!

May 16, 2020
philadelphia
Hi,

I had professionally installed a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P years ago in my house with two IP cameras (can't remember the brand). I just sold my house and the security system will stay put including the NVR and cameras. I wanted to know if there was a proper protocol for me to transfer over the NVR? Also, how would I transfer over the new owners ability to login via Hik-Connect?

I also have a Ring camera, and that is pretty straightforward from what I have read, but I can't find anything online on how to transfer this to someone else so they can use it and I'd like to be a good seller and have this worked out for them rather than just leave this for them to deal with/pay for. Truly appreciate your help and expertise on this matter.

Reactions: mat200
Hi,

I had professionally installed a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P years ago in my house with two IP cameras (can't remember the brand). I just sold my house and the security system will stay put including the NVR and cameras. I wanted to know if there was a proper protocol for me to transfer over the NVR? Also, how would I transfer over the new owners ability to login via Hik-Connect?

I also have a Ring camera, and that is pretty straightforward from what I have read, but I can't find anything online on how to transfer this to someone else so they can use it and I'd like to be a good seller and have this worked out for them rather than just leave this for them to deal with/pay for. Truly appreciate your help and expertise on this matter.

Hi @dearjuliette

I do not use cloud services from my camera / nvr OEM.

What I recommend,
Write the user / password on tape / sticker the NVR and Cameras on the NVR front face / top / side - whatever you think is easy for the next home owner and level it in the home.

Not certain what is the best way to handle any cloud accounts.

I also had a security system in place that I needed to transfer over. For the HIKVISION system you mentioned, I found that the best approach was to reset the NVR to factory settings. This clears all your personal information and allows the new owners to set it up fresh with their details. You can usually find the reset instructions in the NVR’s manual or on HIKVISION’s support website.