Sold my house and would like to properly transfer over my NVR and access to Hik-Connect to the new owner -- help this noob please!

Reaction score
Hi,

I had professionally installed a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P years ago in my house with two IP cameras (can't remember the brand). I just sold my house and the security system will stay put including the NVR and cameras. I wanted to know if there was a proper protocol for me to transfer over the NVR? Also, how would I transfer over the new owners ability to login via Hik-Connect?

I also have a Ring camera, and that is pretty straightforward from what I have read, but I can't find anything online on how to transfer this to someone else so they can use it and I'd like to be a good seller and have this worked out for them rather than just leave this for them to deal with/pay for. Truly appreciate your help and expertise on this matter.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I had professionally installed a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P years ago in my house with two IP cameras (can't remember the brand). I just sold my house and the security system will stay put including the NVR and cameras. I wanted to know if there was a proper protocol for me to transfer over the NVR? Also, how would I transfer over the new owners ability to login via Hik-Connect?

I also have a Ring camera, and that is pretty straightforward from what I have read, but I can't find anything online on how to transfer this to someone else so they can use it and I'd like to be a good seller and have this worked out for them rather than just leave this for them to deal with/pay for. Truly appreciate your help and expertise on this matter.
Hi @dearjuliette

I do not use cloud services from my camera / nvr OEM.

What I recommend,
Write the user / password on tape / sticker the NVR and Cameras on the NVR front face / top / side - whatever you think is easy for the next home owner and level it in the home.

Not certain what is the best way to handle any cloud accounts.