SOLVED: Camera feeds corrupted

LyhjeHylje

n3wb
Reaction score
I am working on my first bi-setup. Today I turned the system on and all the camera feeds (foscam and foscam clone) were somehow corrupted. Full of rainbow colors and other artefacts. This affects live feeds and recordings. Desktop and web.
If I change the camera fps-setting the image returns to normal for a while, only to become corrupted again.

This setup worked before. Bi did update itself when I turned it on so that may be the culprit (and I will test it out when I have time) but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am working on my first bi-setup. Today I turned the system on and all the camera feeds (foscam and foscam clone) were somehow corrupted. Full of rainbow colors and other artefacts. This affects live feeds and recordings. Desktop and web.
If I change the camera fps-setting the image returns to normal for a while, only to become corrupted again.

This setup worked before. Bi did update itself when I turned it on so that may be the culprit (and I will test it out when I have time) but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this.
try disabling hardware acceleration.....what model foscams? (in the future avoid foscam at all costs)

Jedward

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you bring up a stream direct from the cameras at the same time to rule it out?

Also try without hardware acceleration to see if that fixes it.

Not familiar with foscam, but turning off "smart codec" fixed the artifacts from my Dahua cams.

LyhjeHylje

n3wb
Reaction score
Turning acceleration off helped. Strange because I thought I had tried that already but I guess I had to restart the service also, not just the admin program.
I chose foscams because I thought they would be the most common and therefore be the most widely supported in surveillance programs. They seem to work for now, I'll keep mind your recommendations if I have to expand my system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Turning acceleration off helped. Strange because I thought I had tried that already but I guess I had to restart the service also, not just the admin program.
I chose foscams because I thought they would be the most common and therefore be the most widely supported in surveillance programs. They seem to work for now, I'll keep mind your recommendations if I have to expand my system.
They are not the most common and they are bottom barrel garbage...