[SOLVED] Can FPS value be monitored and accessed? HomeSeer & BlueIris via JSON

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm not a HS user. A thought... does HS have a plugin to execute Powershell scripts?
I ask because I've been working on a suite of Powershell scripts that can be used to GET/SET Blue Iris JSON Interface settings.
The GET scripts output a simple string if a single setting is requested, or a JSON string if multiple cameras or settings are requested.
Would this be useful?

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That sounds very nice indeed! I can do quite a lot in HS with vb.net so I suppose interacting with your suite shouldn't be too complex

I tend to use plugins - like I am doing now for mcsMQTT since normally many housekeeping functions are handled better than I could in a simple script. My level of programming is okay for my requirements, but not good enough for a plugin.

How did you envisage your suite being used? With a GUI/front end of some kind? Or command line?

I suppose it wasn't an easy endeavor given what I am seeing so far ;)

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was a long journey, but it is possible to now to access blueiris information and create associated devices in Homeseer using the JSON interface and Homeseer + mcsMQTT plugin.

These devices can be used for a variety of applications now, and their historical information can be saved to InfluxDB and used in Grafana thanks to the same plugin.

Thanks for all your input here, much appreciated. In particular the log suggestion from Jaydeel which I will also be implementing. Thanks also to Michael MCSharry over at the HS forum.

Posting the link again here in case anyone using HS & BI needs the info.