Solved - IPC-HDBW5442R-S - Algorithm authorisation expired please update license.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
G'Day from Downunder,

So I purchased myself 4 x IPC-HDBW5442R-S from a Chinese seller on Ebay

1594186869853.png

Everything looked the goods. I checked that it was a genuine international market cam on the main Dahua website, and it is, but I've unboxed the first one and I get this error

1594250079013.png

I did a firmware upgrade to the version 10 using the DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_Market_V2.800.0000000.10.R.191118.bin from the dahua website, so it does definitely upgrade as promised, yet the issue persists.

Any ideas on how to correct the error? Have I got a hacked Chinese cam? Is it really a 1/1.8" Cmos in there or have I got a cheap knockoff?

I've contacted the seller but am yet to hear back yet. I'm going to unbox and check the rest to see if this issue affects all four.

Update: Have tested all four and all four have the same issue.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You really need to get back to the seller and get him/her to assist.

Out of interest why did you not use Andy from here? The cams you purchased weren’t that much cheaper where they?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah OK, just looked at the price and noticed it wasn’t that far from the 5442 turret.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Out of interest why did you not use Andy from here?
He was my first port of call, but as he explains above he didn't stock the model I was after. As if I wouldn't reach out to Andy first.

You really need to get back to the seller and get him/her to assist.

So an update. Seller got back to me, sent me the software to download the .dat files from each of the camera's and will get back to me with the new licence shortly. Same process as in the linked doc. Thanks heaps for all of your help people.

Last edited:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Final update.

The seller sent me the new licence files and they were an "easy" upload with the config tool. I say "easy" because during the process I became aware of an issue with the config tool. It will not give you an error notification when attempting to update the licence if you have entered the incorrect password. The entire process looks like a successful update, until you log into the camera and realise that it wasn't.

If this happens to you go into search settings and re-enter the password correctly, the config tool will search again and then you should be able to do the upgrade.

Many thanks to everyone who took time out to help me with this one.