Some drone videos from the Florida Keys

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice job, lived in South FL for 20 plus years and now we moved North to Perdido Key. Pretty much just like Key West without the Gentleman’s Club with cameras LOL.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Highly recommend it. We like Islamorada as a home base. Day excursions to Bahia Honda for the beach and fishing the bridge pilings, overnight in Key West, and back to Islamorada to chill at Cheeca Lodge or the Osprey Nest.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
These remind me of a guy droning over a warm water spot recently in Volusia County and spotted a shark in the water near a family, he was able to warn the swimmers. I think that would be a VERY valuable application is areas where that is a big concern.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's why we need drones :facepalm:

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
These remind me of a guy droning over a warm water spot recently in Volusia County and spotted a shark in the water near a family, he was able to warn the swimmers. I think that would be a VERY valuable application is areas where that is a big concern.

Jose R.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice vids! Just got back from a camping trip at Bahia Honda last weekend. They have a sign in front that drone usage is against state law at the park so don't fly over any of those! Hah. Beautiful place, cant' wait to go back.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice vids! Just got back from a camping trip at Bahia Honda last weekend. They have a sign in front that drone usage is against state law at the park so don't fly over any of those! Hah. Beautiful place, cant' wait to go back.
As I understand it from the Mavic pilots forum, you can't take off or land in National Parks, but you can take off and fly over the parks, the FAA controls the airspace. State parks could be a different story though.